• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro diesel chip

Chinese poo.

conno57, on 05 October 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:
    Chinese poo.
    But the ad states

Fully designed and manufactured in the UK, we're proud to be part of Great Britain's drive to innovate. We export world-wide with our network of distributors. Best of all you can benefit from our factory direct sales model to bring you the best value product available.

What makes you instantly assume it is Chinese poo?

Comment

So they can dissapear easier when trading standards comes a knocking

Comment

_pecky_, on 05 October 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:
        But the ad states

Fully designed and manufactured in the UK, we're proud to be part of Great Britain's drive to innovate. We export world-wide with our network of distributors. Best of all you can benefit from our factory direct sales model to bring you the best value product available.

What makes you instantly assume it is Chinese poo?
        Simple there are no contact details for them on website other than send a message no address or phone number !

Comment

The company registration number they have at the bottom of the ebay listing is for a different company at a different address

AG Technology Ltd

Andrew O'Connell

3 Victoria Court

Church Street

Cirencester

Gloucestershire

GL7 1LE

United Kingdom

Email:sales@prodieselchip.com

Company registration number: 06935927

VAT number: GB 982264008

https://companycheck...LIMITED/summary

Comment

Registered and trading address are not one in the same thing so proves nothing. Andrew O'Connell is a registered director on your company link.

Got no connection with them and no opinion either way, just wondering why people jump to conclusions on quality,

Comment

?129 for one compared to how much for similar product?

Comment

Buy one off Alibaba $30 +|$10 shipping save a few quid these are just as good as whats sold over here apart from maybe DTUK

http://www.alibaba.c...rformance chip

Comment

Having tried both a tuning box (CRTECH) & now a remap I can 100% back a remap over a chip. As DSG4ME said all a chip does is throw extra fuel through by intercepting the signal to the rail which causes more problems in the long run, My own tuning box has been attributed (partly) to the early death of my DPF which cost me a fair amount of money to put right.

A remap will not only increase your power safely within the ECU parameters (If done correctly by the tuner) but also smooth power output by leveling the torque & HP curve to match. My own car is a completely different animal since the remap was done (as a few members from here can confirm having been in it) & although it is more expensive initially for the remap it will save you a fortune in the long run.

Comment

BIlaal, on 18 October 2015 - 09:55 PM, said:
                    Is the remap healthy in any way for ur car ? Will it not cause any problems or niggles later on down the line been considering getting my siggy done just need more advice and recommendations mine is a automatic as well btw ?

It shouldn't cause any issues as long as it's a safe map. Personally I would only use a reputable tuner to do mine. Being automatic won't affect it, there is no reason you can't map it.

Comment

2000rpm, on 18 October 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:
                      I'm not surprised. The adding of a 'tuning box' (should be called 'over-fuelling box') is, as mentioned by others above, increasing the amount of fuel by tricking the ECU. More fuel without proportionately air in which to burn, means means more smoke and soot, which means the DPF will fill up faster and the car's calculations for DPF fill status will be incorrect, resulting in DPF regenerations not being long enough or often enough.

Mine was partly to do with a faulty sensor on the DPF but the tuning box didn't help. I only ran it for about 2 months & that was enough time for it to completely clog. No worries now though.

Comment

2000rpm, on 18 October 2015 - 10:10 PM, said:
                        Many turbo Vauxhalls have an inbuilt 'ECU-controlled-overboost' as standard in their mapping anyway, which basically means that if the following parameters are met, the engine will go about 10% above its nominal rating for about 10 seconds.

1. No engine/drivetrain-related fault codes.

2. Engine has reached normal operating temperature.

3. Car in at least 3rd gear.

4. Engine revs at least 1750.

5. Accelerator is 'floored'.

Hence the 2.0CDTi 160/163, for example, (being a very common Insignia engine), will 'overboost' to give a higher and wider torque peak; about 385Nm from 2000-2750rpm (and 350+ Nm from 1750-3250rpm), up from the official 350Nm from 1750-2500rpm.

Yup the 160 at least runs at 1.2 bar with a 2 bar overboost. The company that done my remap are very good at checking how things are before, during and after the map & he explained in some detail (Lost me a bit at points) about it. he also went on to say the 130 runs the same turbo with slightly different internals.

Comment

2000rpm, on 18 October 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:
                          Yes, when I had a 2.0CDTi/165 Astra I could feel from the way the car drove that under full acceleration the pulling power continued to increase after the official 1750rpm torque plateau began, with the actual feel of the torque peak being around 2000-3000rpm, probably similar to the Insignia's 2.0CDTi.

My Biturbo (Astra) feels like at the point when its large turbo reaches full boost and the small turbo is preparing to shut down, it will kick into some kind of overboost.

As an educated guess I'd say the torque is 400Nm from 1750-2500rpm, as per the official spec. But as the revs build past 2500rpm with the bigger turbo fully spooled, the torque (acceleration) feels like it increases significantly further, probably to 440Nm (being 10% above the normal peak), then remains at that higher plateau into the mid-3000s before slightly tailing off by 4000rpm.

Going by the map sheet I have from the rolling road peak torque is 2.5k standard & it drops off really quickly. Remapped it is a much smoother drop off but still the same peak torque range it just holds it for a bit longer. What I have noticed more is that my Power feeds in a lot smoother (the BHP curve is very similar to the Torque curve now)

Comment

Working...
                          X