Repairing stone chips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairing stone chips

Never used it. I tend just to go to my local SprayStore with colour code and buy a panel pot. Get a separate small pot of lacquer and mix a little together. Then with a pin touch the paint chip till its filled up and level. Leave it to dry and give it a polish and wax. Probably cheaper than Chipex.

Never used them either,but can vouch for halfords paint,,,last siggy was tech grey and got them to make me up a touch up stick for me front bumper,,,match was perfect.
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I have just bought one, not used it yet but the colour looks spot on (astroid grey). The one from vauxhall covers a few colours and isn't a very good match for Astroid grey and is very thick and hard to get a thin coat.

Comment

Use a cocktail stick to apply the paint, the brush that comes with the touch up is too big.
        I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

Once you've filled the chip, you only need a shop bought polish such G3 to smooth it over. Not too difficult.

Comment

wickedwillie, on 25 November 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:
            My view is that on most daily commutes, the car will pick up stone chips. Given that, I never search for perfection. Self touch up (ooh err) has been perfectly acceptable for me over the years. One can get quite good at it with practice.

Comment

Working...
            X