Removing scratches on black car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing scratches on black car

As it's down to primer for a "proper job" this would be bodyshop or chipsaway affair.

Yip, have to agree. To hide it a little just now you could machine polish it as flat as you can and buy some Poorboys black hole to cover/fill the marks. But to get rid permanently it'll be a easy smart repair.

Comment

Steve Nik, on 07 January 2016 - 06:15 PM, said:
      Can't believe it happened to my heavily armoured with wax car! Dickhead who glanced the car looking for a hire car? Told insurance company there is zero need for it.

You have my every empathy, just let your insurance company deal with it, that's what we pay silly money for!

Agree he's a cheeky fecker though, especially if it was his fault.

Comment

Chipsaway arnt bad they will pop out and give u a free quote and itl be done in an afternoon as long as its not gale force winds and mega nasty rain.

Comment

If you can feel the scratches with your finger nail it will need respraying.
          I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

This is one of the reasons i have a dash cam.
            I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

I have the Eprance from amazon, very good unit and does what i want it to. I did have the cheapo one from ebay but have upgraded. No doubt you will gets loads of advice but the eprance is a good price (?49 ish) and comes with a SD Card.

This is the one i have.....http://www.amazon.co.uk/E-PRANCE-Novatek-Dashcamera-Recorder-G-sensor/dp/B00IPDD59W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1452863649&sr=8-3&keywords=eprance

Comment

Not sure, i have always connected the charger into the cig port.

Comment

As above. I have the same one. Been on my car since March last year and was on my other car before that. Never put a foot wrong. Quality of playback isn't as good as more expensive ones but you're really hoping you don't need to use it. Starts with the car and goes off when you switch ignition off. And for the price it's a steal. Wouldn't be without one now.

Comment

Eprance is very good. I had a cheap one but couldn't see reg numbers so upgraded.

Hope you get it sorted. Can't stand people who take the piss!

Comment

People like that piss me off and I hope they get nothing other than done for fraud. It's not helped by companies either.I got rear ended last year not at any great speed and actually felt like I had stalled the car. All fixed ok but then I started getting calls asking me if I wanted to claim for whiplash, inconvenience etc. Told them to do one as I wasn't hurt, the young lass that hit me admitted blame right away and was her first crash. Sadly too many folk that just want something for nothing.

Comment

If another company phone me to tell me I was in an accident last year and they have been passed my file I'm going to chuck my phone out the window. They get the standard response. 'I know and you know that I haven't been in a crash and you haven't been passed my file. So do one and take my number off your dialer! Muppets.

Comment

Working...
                        X