clay bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clay bar

Had a weekend with a friend clay barring both motors and must say the red insignia really stands out more

a clay bar takes all the grime and contaminants and black spots that are inbedded into the paint work.??Once used you would need to polish and then wax the body to seal the paint after clay barring. I used to think my paint work on the car was good but when I used the clay bar I was very surprised how bad it was. the surface is now as smooth as glass. will be purchasing a machine polisher soon with a cutting compound to keep the bodywork fresh

Comment

Meguiars 205 works well on the siggy paint with an orange hex pad.
      I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

I need to give mine a good clean and correction soon

I got to be honest I would love to haave a new Focus ST

Comment

what are the clay mits like to use never used these clay bars before but my 64 SRI is clean and smooth and i want to keep it that way would 1 of these??G3 mits from halfrauds do the trick, when cleaning the car i snow foam, rince, 2 bucket wash, is it then that i use the clay mit with the soapy water (fresh stuff) all ove rthe paint work?? then seal??

cheers

Simon

Comment

billics revolution, on 16 March 2016 - 03:54 PM, said:
            what are the clay mits like to use never used these clay bars before but my 64 SRI is clean and smooth and i want to keep it that way would 1 of these??G3 mits from halfrauds do the trick, when cleaning the car i snow foam, rince, 2 bucket wash, is it then that i use the clay mit with the soapy water (fresh stuff) all ove rthe paint work?? then seal??

cheers

Simon
            If you buy a clay mitt use it on the glass first to take the edge off it. I normally clay after the 2 bucket method but have loads of cheap shampoo with you and keep lubricating the mitt everytime you need to rinse it. It will sound a bit scary at first but go steady and you`ll be fine.

Halfords have 5 litres of carplan shampoo for about ?3 and its great for claying.
            I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

so do you use the cheap shampoo neat or mix it it 1 bucket and have a cold water bucket too?? im a newbie!!!

Comment

billics revolution, on 17 March 2016 - 10:56 AM, said:
                so do you use the cheap shampoo neat or mix it it 1 bucket and have a cold water bucket too?? im a newbie!!!
                Have a fresh bucket of soapy water to use and dunk the mitt at regular intervals. i pour neat shampoo onto the mitt for every panel and some on the bodywork for extra lubrication.

I still use a clay bar for certain parts on the car but mine is white and shows up orange spots/contamination pretty quickly

Comment

I have a 64 plate flip chip and the paintwork is in amazing condition and I want to keep it that way it's been treated by vx with that Jewel ultra which at present is ok but how long will they last can I clay over the top or will it ruin it?

Comment

Firstly, claying the car will strip what's on it. Secondly you let VX apply a detailing product? If I were you I'd get a clay bar or mitt and strip it off. Start again and protect your car again. Dealer applied products are utter pants and often applied by untrained 'washing boys'! The product that is applied to yours, if it's the one I think it is, it's a 18 quid product.

Go get it protected by a silica product or a ceramic coating which will last for anything between 18-24 months.

Comment

i believe the vx product was already on it i didnt ask for it or pay for it, but yes i will be stripping it back and applying my own polish and wax to protect ive ordered 3 for 2 in halfords got some G3 resin superwax and some autglym extra gloss hopefully that should do the trick, just need to get the clay mit 1st

Comment

wondering if theres anyone that could answer this but am I able to clay bar my diamond cut alloys ?

Comment

Working...
                        X