Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me if my car looks modded for insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me if my car looks modded for insurance?

I think your insurance is pulling a fast one.

They want £240 a year just for the mods.

The front and rear skirts look like VX LINE to me. Not VXR.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

What does your Reg number come with wheb you search for a WeBuyAnyCar quote?? It definitely looks like a VX line as said above. What does it say on your V5? Sri? Design? TechLine? VX Line?? This will let you decide. Can you cancel your current policy? 14 day cooling off period applies to every form of credit taken out.

Comment

Just zoomed in on your photos. It's def a Sri. I'd get a new quote from someone else stating its a Sri VX-line. If you started declaring all your add on's you'd need to add you parking sensors as well as they ain't standard, neither is the tinted back windows. All come with the VX line.

Comment

Might be worth checking your v5/logbook has the car described correctly. i say this from experience as my logbook said my car was an elite nav when in actual fact it is an exclusiv nav i had to write to vauxhall for some codes and send these to dvla to change my logbook

my car is also a white 2l cdti exclusiv ecoflex nav 160 (61 plate) i do not have alloys, parking sensors or tinted windows or led lights or front fogs other than that it looks like yours

Comment

That's probably correct. It's had factory options fitted to it. VxLine kit and 19inch turbines! In effect it is a VX line on the outside! Personally I'd insure it as what your V5 says. You haven't modded the car and it was delivered from the factory this way. Go get some GAP insure (3rd party obviously) as VX will rip you off and tell them it's got x, y and z! Or go change your company. My insurers never twitched when I've said I've added x y or z. I added 20s to my old Sri Nav and it made no difference. That was with Elephant. Play them off against one another. But if you can still cancel your current policy, I'd do it. To ask 20 quid extra a month is a joke. How old are you if you don't mind me asking and how many years NCB?

Comment

Then they are taking the piss!

Go change your insurers. Sometimes cheapest isn't always the best.

By the way, lovely car. I love the turbine alloys. Enjoy it and don't let the f**king insurance companies spoil your fun.

Comment

Yep, defo an SRI with factory fitted options of parking sensors, VX-Line body kit and upgraded 19" Turbine alloys. It is not a VX-Line as it has the white interior roof lining.

As m8internet above, my Elite was also ordred with nearly every factory option (?8.5k worth) and I do not need to declare these to insurance as they are not modifications if it came out of the factory with that specifcation
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Getting your windows tinted put your insurance to 10k??

Comment

Scotty, on 03 April 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:
                  Getting your windows tinted put your insurance to 10k??

Think it's advertising vinyls on the bodywork, not tints
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Your dealer can't even get the name right. It is not VXR Kit, it is VX-Line kit

As previously mentioned. It can have the exterior VX-Line kit but does not make it a VX-Line. If it was a real VX-Line you will have the Dark Head Lining, VX-Line Gear Knob & Steering Wheel.

It looks all factory fitted to me. Your log book is correct.

If the kits was fitted after it left the factory then you would need to notify the insurance.

My car is a standard sri, but with all the options fitted at the factory. On the logbook it is just a sri nav. Only Vauxhall/Opel HQ can confirm the full spec of my car.

My car is non modified with the insurers, as this statement is true.

If you want confirmation it is all factory fitted contact Vauxhall HQ.

Also your insurance is pulling a fast one on you, change your insurance.

Comment

Hi Guys

Go to either moneysupermarket.com or Gocompare.com to get the best deals from a variety of car insurers since they are just out to make money.

hope this helps. I always change my insurer every year if the existing insurer tries to raise my price.

Hope this helps.

God Bless - Dr Bee - Malaysia - 04.04.2016.

Comment

And confused.com. Get your free toy

Comment

Going through comparison sites made it so much more expensive for me. I just go direct and have always found Elephant/Admiral the cheapest

Comment

m8internet, on 03 April 2016 - 11:16 PM, said:

Windows tints?

My car already has factory fit privacy glass and darkened windscreen (SRi VX-Line)

I am sure my original post says vinyls

There has been a lot in the press recently with claims refused due to large stickers, and the ones I am having fitted exceed the minimum dimensions requiring them to be declared

I really do wonder how many self employed people apply such vinyls to their personal cars and do not declare them (I already have a topic covering this)

As usual! I didn't understand your word use! Simply saying adding advertising to your car would have suffice. And your reply! Don't expect much else from you.

Comment

Working...
                            X