how to rewind insignia rear calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to rewind insignia rear calipers

I've done my rear pads. Just as a precaution, remove the lid off the Brake Fluid bottle under the bonnet, and surround the opening of the bottle with a cloth/rag to avoid any spills. If you squeeze the calipers, that brake fluid gets pushed back into the bottle, you're only talking about a tiny amount, but it's just an idea.

Chock the front wheels, leave the handbrake off, jack the back of the car, wind pistons in on the calipers with a wind in tool
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUGUST-SAL...AAAOSwtnpXox2d

Replace the lid on the brake fluid bottle whenyou've finished, and pump the brake pedal before you drive it for the first time after changing the pads.

Does anyone know the number of the wind back tool adapter for the Insignia? The one for my Vectra was No7 if I remember correctly, but the lugs were a bit fragile and code break if the pistons were getting sticky.

Comment

The one I use is just a universal one from machine mart,,works fine
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Hmm, OK, I'll look into that, I'll be changing mine in the next few months. Thanks for the help!

Comment

This is the tool I used when doing my rear pads .... and its a quarter of the price of the other one ;-)

Comment

Hi Proz, I have a similar tool, I think it's a Laser make, but I had to buy a separate adapter to fit the Vectra I had. The problem was that the pins were really weak and the adapter kept breaking, I think I bought 3 overall, but the Vectra had sticky calipers so I changed them and sold it, I'm sure the Siggy's caliper will be easier.

Comment

I ended up using the rewind tool and the old brake pad to retract the piston it works an absolute treat I wish I could say the same for my front calliper slide pins, the were a c**t as air kept on trapping in there, it took me about 4 attempts to properly ’burp’ them and a lot of swearing

Comment

Originally posted by Hindle1976 View Post
                I ended up using the rewind tool and the old brake pad to retract the piston it works an absolute treat I wish I could say the same for my front calliper slide pins, the were a c**t as air kept on trapping in there, it took me about 4 attempts to properly ’burp’ them and a lot of swearing

Comment

Working...
                X