Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Shock Absorbers & Rear Diff Prop Shaft Seal

Morning

So the motor went in for service and MOT yesterday at local VX garage and came back with needing two rear shocks and the rear diff prop seal leaking. VX quoting £4564 (£1161 for shocks, and £3403 for rear diff) to replace which seems excessive. I can do the shocks myself but cannot find the parts at the usual places (Euro Car Parts, Motor Parts Direct, etc). Reached out to them and was told they are dealer only parts. Can anyone suggest any alternatives/after-market ones please?

Model: Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Elite Nav 2.0 Bi-Turbo AWD (1956CC // 209bhp)
    Year: November 2018
    Vin: W0ZT6EH1J1153455
    Engine: D20DTR

Thanks for any help!

James

I would think, looking at your spec, that you have Flexride. Meaning you have extra special shocks that cost a fortune. As far as I'm aware, these are dealer parts only as ECP etc suggests.

Not heard of aftermarket versions either unfortunately.

But I am sure someone will pop along and clarify it.

Comment

Try autovaux for shocks.......and surely the diff seal can be changed ?
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks chaps. Didn't even know about Flexride but it explains the prices!

I'll give AutoVaux a shout in the morning.

Found a company in Poland who sell refurb shocks for £169 so if all else fails, will give them a go. Looks like you pay an extra £100 on top but if you send back your old ones, they refund that £100.

Re the diff seal, the VX garage didn't seem hopeful they could source but letting me know by end of the week (supposedly). I asked for the part numbers of both the seal and shocks and well, shocker, they were not prepared to share with me. Little gits aren't they!

Comment

Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Still having a mare with identifying the part numbers for these damned shocks! Confusion added with Insignia being made when Opel/VX was owned by GM, but now part numbers issued by PSA.

Autovaux can supply the prop seal (£18.30+vat+del) - Great!....but they cannot source the shocks unfortunately

So the local Vauxhall dealer eventually gave me the below PSA part numbers for the shocks :-

Rear Left YR00058380
            Rear Right YR00061980

With a bit of Google tinterwebbing, seems the original GM part numbers for the above codes are :-

Rear Left 84558680
            Rear Right 84558679

However, I looked under the car today and took the GM part numbers straight off the shocks which are :-

​Rear Left 84375308
            Rear Right 84375307

This differs so I reckon I need to stick to what is on the car already and not be caught up in the dealer confusion between GM and PSA. However, when looking at the refurb company in Poland, they list the OEM numbers in the 133xxxxx format which is the Opel/VX format. My question is, does anyone know the Opel part number equivalent for these two GM parts from the car? Despite Googling, I cannot find a match. Hoping a search of these will turn up a UK supplier.

Second question, I can find the GM (car) versions on a US based company website (Summit Racing) for $225 each (approx £510 for two with delivery & import VAT) and for the sake of £200 (versus Polish refurbs), I'd rather have brand new. Does anyone know if there will be a difference because I'm ordering from US? ie, imperial vs metric hole sizes, lengths, etc?

I'm probably overthinking things and muddling myself up so if you can offer a reality slap, please hit away!

Cheers all​

Click image for larger version  Name:	Shocks.png Views:	0 Size:	112.6 KB ID:	345227
            Last edited by BigJimmy; 14-05-2023, 05:30 PM.

Comment

You are over thinking this US Versus the rest of the world. Business. Just because they use imperial don't mean to say it won't fit .
              at the end of the day its your money, but I know what I would go for .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
              X