What's peoples take on the latest Big Boris statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
    Very well done Sir. Let's hope member's of the public start to treat you all with a lot more respect after this, and the Government reward you somehow. I remember after the 1st Gulf War us in the armed forces got a 12% pay rise which was gratefully received.
    I think everyone who has contributed should get something......even if covers a drink or 2 in a pub to help prop up a big industry

some staff have been furloughed, may be low on pay for a little period of time but at least the job is safe.
    some supermarkets have increased wages for their staff.
    social care workers in wales to get £500 bonus.
    some pubs have been selling hot food for collection just as a temp source of income
    NHS workers haven't heard anything but there was talk about possibly getting the army deployment rate for lockdown.....although ive been told "its what youre paid to do....."

haven't hard anything else so....
    truckers....you've kept the supplies coming......big thanks.....you deserve something
    teachers....you've looked after our kids for longer than a normal school day.....big thanks....you deserve something
    the volunteers......both community based and helping in work......greatly appreciated...you deserve something
    those who unfortunately lost jobs/temporalily out of work.....things will get better
    those who stay in and heed the advice.....big thanks....we cant defeat this without you
    to anyone else playing their part..... big thanks

to my neighbours who held a VE street party for 20+ people on one front garden, inc kids......you tw4ts.....you do know some dr's can refuse to do CPR on a covid patient.. (not sure if this is true but the look of horror on their face was worth it when I told them)

Comment

Like any other politician... doesn't get to the point and speaks in riddles.
      Iv allways said a working class person should be in for prime minister not some upperclass ponce that was born with a silver spoon in there mouth from a family with money!
      Someone that's been brought up with the REAL struggles of everyday life!

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
        2nd wave is nigh
        Originally posted by MattG View Post
        For once I have to agree with you. [emoji23]
        Agree with this as well.

I get that folk are becoming increasingly bored, aren't we all, and I have to say that I've already noticed the slow but definite increase in the amount of cars/people out and about.

My fear is that we are going to see the same happening here, as is already happening in Germany. They've barely lifted their restrictions, and their infection count is on the rise again already.

Also, why have we agreed a "reciprocal agreement" with France that the upcoming quarantine restrictions on flights/people arriving from the EU won't apply to them? Doesn't make sense for either country as far as I can see. Both countries have been severely impacted by the virus, with over 32k deaths here, and over 26k deaths in France. Why on earth would you want to continue to allow free movement between the two places?

I appreciate we can't remain in lockdown forever, but the changes made (for England) yesterday, in my opinion are too vague, too much, and too soon. Folk will be seeing a green light to do as they please, thereby putting others at risk.

I'm not generally interested in politics particularly, but as a Scottish person, I admire Nicola Sturgeon for sticking to her guns, and refusing to play "follow the leader" with Westminster. The fact that Ireland and Wales have done similar also says something I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Foz1261 View Post
          Morning all

I'm seeing on other social media platforms that there seems to be a lot of confusion with regards to what was said last night in Boris's latest statement...

What's your take on it & how does it affect you & your family moving forward??

Personally it makes absolutely zero difference to me as i'm still stuck in the Middle East at work (I could get home but then couldn't get back out here, self employed with no chance of being Furloughed).
          So for me it's basically business as usual.

I don't normally have anything to do with political BS, but this is obviously effecting everyone to some degree.
          I think it is a stupid slogan change and will just confuse everybody which seems to be backed up with all the comments today. It reminds me years ago there was a craze among the apprentices to change the safety posters at the time from 'Be Alert' to 'Be Alert - Britain needs Lerts'...

Comment

I thought it was very vague to say the least. More questions than answers at the end I thought.
            What Boris said doesn't affect me much anyway, not being in England plus queen Nicola already had her say first, as she has managed to do for weeks.
            Every time that woman opens her mouth, rest assured, at the root of what she says is her own long winded campaign for independence. This latest one where we are staying in lockdown could give her an excuse to see if she can control the border with England.

Comment

Originally posted by WAZ1 View Post
              I thought it was very vague to say the least. More questions than answers at the end I thought.
              What Boris said doesn't affect me much anyway, not being in England plus queen Nicola already had her say first, as she has managed to do for weeks.
              Every time that woman opens her mouth, rest assured, at the root of what she says is her own long winded campaign for independence. This latest one where we are staying in lockdown could give her an excuse to see if she can control the border with England.
              your better listening to Janey Godley's voiceovers on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by WAZ1 View Post
                I am not a big fan of independence but as I escaped to Yorkshire my view quite rightly doesn't matter. However listening to the briefings, the Scottish government seem to have better leadership and purpose at the moment than the muppets dealing with the situation down in England. Piss up and brewery come to mind.

Andy

Comment

Hey Rab (and others), here's a good take on Boris's waffle last night:
                  Okaaaaaaay. So Boris Johnson has delivered his broadcast to “the nation”, and we’re all still none the wiser. Does anyone have a scooby what Boris Johnson expects us to do? Becaus…
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                  Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                    Hey Rab (and others), here's a good take on Boris's waffle last night:
                    https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/2...boris-johnson/
                    brilliant Pete

Comment

Utter pish that made nae sense

Comment

in laymans terms...……….he's a just a fud talkin shite

Anyway..........

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20200511-WA0002.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	246994