Private plate-yay or nay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private plate-yay or nay?

I've always thought they were a bit meh but my missus is on about getting me one.Thing is it does work as a plate for my initials/nickname and I really am getting pissed off with the crap I'm getting at work for the current plate on my new carthead

So...yay or nay
    2018 Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer Nav Bluemotion 2.0 Diesel(170ps)in Silver-Keyless entry and start -20" alloy wheels-Front fog lights-Rear privacy glass-Ambient interior led lighting-Full leather seats with Winter pack-Front and rear parking assist with Rear camera-Active emergency braking-Forward collision assist-Front pedestrian alert-Traffic sign recognition-Lane keep assist-Adaptive Cruise control-Speed warning and limiter-Voice recognition-Bluetooth-Dual zone climate control-Front and rear electric windows-High beam assist -Auto lights-Auto wipers-8”Colour touchscreen Navi 900 with DAB+-Heko Wind-deflectors.

A few of us have private plates,
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

They are a personal thing I think, if it has a meaning to you then that's all that matters. I do see some that I think are pointless but then think they must mean something to them and its their money after all. I just think its your choice and as long as you are happy either way its fine with me for one

Comment

I've had my plates for over 25 years now....when I change my car it doesn't feel right til my plates on it.

Comment

Cheers!

Owts got to be better than **18ONK
          2018 Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer Nav Bluemotion 2.0 Diesel(170ps)in Silver-Keyless entry and start -20" alloy wheels-Front fog lights-Rear privacy glass-Ambient interior led lighting-Full leather seats with Winter pack-Front and rear parking assist with Rear camera-Active emergency braking-Forward collision assist-Front pedestrian alert-Traffic sign recognition-Lane keep assist-Adaptive Cruise control-Speed warning and limiter-Voice recognition-Bluetooth-Dual zone climate control-Front and rear electric windows-High beam assist -Auto lights-Auto wipers-8”Colour touchscreen Navi 900 with DAB+-Heko Wind-deflectors.

Comment

I thought about getting one for years until a bought mine last year. I prefer a personal one to the driver rather than the car so mine is my initials. Couldn't get one with my year of birth (68) so got one to match my son's plate. He was born in 1988 and we got him a private plate for his 21st birthday N88 DJO with his year of birth and initials. Mine is slightly different N88 MHO. Though 1988 is also the year I past my driving test so it has personal meaning.

The other good thing about a private plate is it helps hide the age of your car.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

on my daily driver a PP makes it my car to me , my new non dating one suits the car imo & i dont care what anybody thinks
              dean.m

Comment

Dare to be different don't follow the crowd ,
                and stand up a stick 2 fingers up to the world !
                Thease days so called private plates are cheap .
                im considering one for my Swedish tractor.
                it will sure be unique!

23-67 rubber swimwear!

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

yep im looking at a private plate in the new year and think some of them are great

Comment

remember if anyone's buying a private plate, go direct to the DVLA
                    the other sites also buy from the DVLA but then pass on the extra costs such as transfers, vat etc to you, where as the DVLA is one complete price.

so basically, if the plate is costing you £399 all in from the DVLA, the price from Elite or any other sites can be as much as £500+ for the same plate.

Comment

They're really easy to swap from car to car these days too. 80 quid to put it on retention and free to stick it on your new car.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

any body with a SRI there a good one in the for sale section and inc transfer fee , or offers
                        dean.m

Comment

Originally posted by sri- nav View Post
                          any body with a SRI there a good one in the for sale section and inc transfer fee , or offers
                          dean.m
                          That's why its still there....its car specific.
                          My son recently got a Vectra VXR estate with the registration V600 VXR - again, car specific.
                          He was fortunate, he wanted his own plate on, so he put it up for sale and got rid of it quickly......to someone with a VXR funnily enough.

but i always think if you have a plate like these, then you gotta keep buying a VXR or a SRI to put them onto.

just my take on them.

Comment

oh i agree its car specific and 2 litre specific, but theres no better place than here for people with SRIs
                            dean.m
                            ps its on e bay and has some watches but no buyers yet

Comment

Read 25 comments at bottom https://conversation.which.co.uk/mot...-number-plate/
                              https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/b...number-plates/

Comment

Working...
                              X