Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here got a VXR, the model with 321 bhp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here got a VXR, the model with 321 bhp?

I am thinking of getting one of these maybe early next year when economy won't be such a concern for several reasons. I've seen the tax is £600 a year which seems mighty steep, but it seems like it has a strong engine. How do you like the car, generally and is the engine a really good one? I like my car generally (2.0 CDTI) and would fancy similar but with a high power output from a petrol engine.
    I see various tuners get 400 bhp from these motors, impressive stuff.

Just throwing my bucket into the mix here
    not the same car but same engine
    I had a saab 9-3 turbo X ( haldex all wheel drive ) one of 200
    With a claimed 310 bhp carried out by Carl at noobtune
    And yes I can confirm it was an absolute beast !
    The only things you have to be aware of is
    1) haldex unit requires regular oil changes though the gen 4 unit is more robust, if considering buying one make sure there is proof of that unit being serviced 20000 mile intervals
    2) coil packs , the back 3 are prone to failing due to the heat from the turbo ,they are expensive and some owners like to go cheap, but genuine mitsibushi/ GM are the only ones capable of doing the job.
    3) timing chains though not weak , the guides can break and cause a rattle from cold , not a cheap repair, £2000 but just a pointer .
    any road up the engine is a lot of fun
    Lizard ​ I think you may be able to advise?

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Well worth getting bud, if you can afford to run it then do go for it, as Mr T mentioned, saab turbo-x as near as damn it the same, I did look at the saab but even more rare than the VXR, Buy from a dealer, NOT PRIVATE, unless you can get the entire history of the car. Most dealerships have limited experience with the VXR. The dealership I went to had done only 7 haldex in 10 years. Take out a extra warranty in case and, get as much info on the car before you buy. I managed to get the original owner from new on a forum so knew the entire history of it before I even looked at it. Knew.more about it than the dealership. Mine had new Haldex under warranty, vauxhall say there is no service schedule for the Haldex in the UK but Australia and the USA do, just service every few years and you'll be fine bud...

Comment

There's one up for sale at the moment,with a claimed 421bhp.
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I went for the 2.0 Petrol Turbo over the VXR

VXR’s are awesome, but MPG, Tax, Haldex issues and cost of Brembo Discs & Pads put me off!!

Strongly consider the 2.0 Petrol, its fantastic!!

Comment

But its not a VXR ,

I know what your saying, if you buy the wrong one your buying a lot of agro and expense. Tax is enormous yes, discs aren't that bad really but then that depends on how much disposable income people have...

Madddog1957 what's you budget mate....

Comment

Not far from you...

Comment

I think with the car comes the responsibility of maintaining the car .the OP has had performance cars in the past and is lacking the thrill of them in his latest purchase.hence his other thread about remapping his latest purchase.and this thread. I'm sure he's fully aware of running costs ,the real killer is the road tax . Mine being manual and a late model was a cheap £290 .
                But , I got rid due to owning 4 cars , and not having space to put them.
                Running costs was not an issue as that's part and parcel of ownership.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                  I think with the car comes the responsibility of maintaining the car .the OP has had performance cars in the past and is lacking the thrill of them in his latest purchase.hence his other thread about remapping his latest purchase.and this thread. I'm sure he's fully aware of running costs ,the real killer is the road tax . Mine being manual and a late model was a cheap £290 .
                  But , I got rid due to owning 4 cars , and not having space to put them.
                  Running costs was not an issue as that's part and parcel of ownership.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
                    Just looks like my Elite inside..........................

Seriously though, how much were these new?

Comment

30k ish I think...

Comment

They're just an Insignia after all

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard View Post
                            It's the stark reality of it eh

Comment

Originally posted by KarlS View Post

Just looks like my Elite inside..........................

Your elite got tombstone seats

​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                              X