That Insignia Eco Button Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Insignia Eco Button Moment

I really thought that Eco was just a setting that communicated with the ECU to reduce power output or to gain power output. Silly me. Found out the hard way that the Eco setting operates the Stop-Start - just when you need it the LEAST. So another thing to remember to switch off in addition to Service Due (when it's not), and automatic rain setting for wipers. Radio keeps reminding me to keep my eyes on the road - well nice, - but I've had my eyes on the road since a 1955 Morris Minor.

So what led me to this conclusion? I was using a new BMW 1 series for a short while with an economy switch. But I believe this was possibly turning on or off an electronic turbo. The difference in performance was quite astounding - as was the poor mpg when on full power!

Just a question out of this .
    what service message are you getting? Because thease don't have a service reminder as far as i know
    the have a "service vehicle soon " message which means you have a fault code stored.

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thank you. I have a reader and code book. It was not dismissed when I fitted a new battery so maybe recurring.

Comment

Working...
      X