Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B20DTH (B20DTR?) vs D20DTR engine

Hi all,

According to my V5C, service paperwork from Vauxhall main dealers and other parts websites when I put my Reg/VIN into it, my engine is a D20DTR.

However, I got myself a Vlinker MC+ and the OplMonitor app and after it decoded the VIN it says I have a B20DTR…. But the OplMonitor website says the other variant of 2.0 bi-turbo diesel engine should he the B20DTH!

Aunty Google hasn’t been much help; throwing up different parts for the engines.

Can anyone help shed some light on what these different engine variants are, and why there is a discrepancy? (I currently believe it’s a D20DTR as the main dealer service paperwork should be reliable!)

Many Thanks!
    Attached Files

The B20DTH is the 170 single turbo unit
    The D20DTR is the 210 twin turbo unit .
    As long as you have what you paid for then ignore discrepancy.
    I don't own one but that's my understanding.

Sent from my A063 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks Lizzard-t,

So why would the OBD reader give a mix of both engine codes of B20DTR?

Comment

That I don't know only the manufacturer of the obd reader could give you a definite answer.
        Maybe it's a general overview.
        But if it's any consolation my diagnostic tool.asks me to enter what manual gearbox I have.( There's 2 virants it gives me to choose from) even thought it's identified the vin the engine etc but it's asking me that fundamental question which to be honest I don't know.
        But if I put in the wrong gearbox code it cannot go any further with the diagnostic system.

Sent from my A063 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

The Insignia is very fussy on what kind of code readers are used,some read ok others don't or can't connect properly.
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
          X