Scuff and scratch correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scuff and scratch correction

Morning all, new to this forum, so unsure if this is the right section to post in.

Here goes.

Bought my insignia, 59 plate, Sri 160 Nav last week. 45k miles and ex fleet lease. paid extremely reasonable money for the car from a local independent.

One of the reasons I paid the reasonable money is there are a few minor cosmetic issues with the car.

The b post pillar cover on the drivers door, has some dents and paintwork issues due to the dents in it, however I am currently assuming I can replace this part. I have found the part numbers online and plan to contact the loal vauxhall dealer for a price of the part supply.

There are a couple of 3" long scratches on the rear quarter panel, that (i think) are beyond "a bit of polish" repair.

In addition there are some sratches on the A pillar on the passenger side which aren't as deep as the rear quarter, but still need looking at.

The last thing i have noticed so far is a dent/crease on the bonnet in the top left hand cormer as you look at the car from the front. Looks like someone the short edge of a brick on it at some point.

Now i'll cut to the chase, anyone know any really good paint repairers/restorers in the derby/east mids area, where the work can be completed on a Saturday and while I wait?

Happy to pay for a decent job, but don't want some noddy with a touch up stick touching it.

I will wash the car this weekend so no dount the list of things bugging me will expand.

Oh and lastly, so for the long post,

I used for my last car chips away mobile and i must admit they were very professional here's their site I would give them a call more than emailing them :

http://www.chipsaway.co.uk/

Comment

Thanks Russ, any idea where the paint code is on the insignia's?

Mines black metallic, but ubsure what it's called.

Comment

No Probs

?mcpitman, on 21 December 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:
        Thanks Russ, any idea where the paint code is on the insignia's?

Mines black metallic, but ubsure what it's called.

http://www.vauxhalls....co.uk/faq/show

Comment

I'll second Chipsaway. Local guy to me in Motherwell is superb by all accounts and they are reasonably priced. My guess is your car is either Carbon Flash or Black Sapphire! Pics of the damage would help.

Comment

Fair point, pics to follow.... never thought of chipsaway as never heard anyone say they were any good, will take a look into that, thanks

Comment

Paint code z22c so carbon flash, pic to follow....

Comment

Wash and polish done, just trying to work out uploading pics...

Comment

Get a photobucket account. Upload photos and choose IMG code. Copy and paste into here. Job done.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

And one off after the initial polish yesterday....

Mmmmm shiney...

Comment

Comment

Pics in order are;

1 passenger's a post

2 passenger's b post door cover

3 passenger quarter panel.

Polished it yesterday and got rid of loads of light scratches and cat park scars.

All of the above need paint I think, might invest in a professional machine polish.

At least I've had a good chance to look over the car know and will know if any new marks appear.

Comment

Working...
                              X