Android Head Unit for facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
    Rab--is Ali-Express not in China as I believe that country is f%&ked with this virus carry on and nowt is coming out of the country----did you get the DAB add on too?----Cheers Dave
    It is......and that's where icebox order them from.
    The company is called Witson.
    I didn't get the dab from them.....they wanted £50 for the dab.
    Got the same one from fleabay for £16.
    They sent me an email with all the stuff I had to download, do it worked 1st time

Comment

• Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      I've had something ordered for nearly a month,and still hasnt left the country
      I've had stuff ordered too....only received 2 items.... according to my account, other 3 items are in UK now.

Comment

• So what brand is yours Rab is it the Witson brand as when you look at Icebox there is no indication of the maker, will keep an eye on how you get on and just might buy one from AliExpress once I get the correct details of which one is the right one - - - - regards Dave

Comment

So what brand is yours Rab is it the Witson brand as when you look at Icebox there is no indication of the maker, will keep an eye on how you get on and just might buy one from AliExpress once I get the correct details of which one is the right one - - - - regards Dave
          Yep.....mines is a Witson.

Your car had the big screen mate..... surely your not changing it?

Comment

• There you go Dave.....
            This is the better version of the one I have.
            Including postage, it's more £100 cheaper than what icebox charged me.....so they're making a pretty packet.....doing nothing.

£188.11 | WITSON Android 9.0 Octa- core (Eight-core) 4G RAM CAR DVD PLAYER GPS For OPEL INSIGNIA 2014 car audio radio gps player

Comment

• Hello Rab---no not going to be changing it short term---might do in the future---its just that I like to know whats needed because I will always order the wrong stuff --and thanks for the link-----Dave

Comment

Hello Rab---no not going to be changing it short term---might do in the future---its just that I like to know whats needed because I will always order the wrong stuff --and thanks for the link-----Dave
                These won't do your car....coz you already have the big screen/sat nav.

As far as I know, these are a direct replacement for the RF400 - the small screen like mine

Comment

• Ahh right them Rab----mine is the big screen--and yours was the small one--wonder why Vauxhall have so many variations in the same cars/its like the wifes Astra tourer,when we got it home from the dealers we found it was unable to play CDs--yet my mate George who has more or less the same car can play CDs----crazy------Dave

Comment

Ahh right them Rab----mine is the big screen--and yours was the small one--wonder why Vauxhall have so many variations in the same cars/its like the wifes Astra tourer,when we got it home from the dealers we found it was unable to play CDs--yet my mate George who has more or less the same car can play CDs----crazy------Dave
                    It's crazy the different variations in the models

Typical vauxhall

Comment

• ***UPDATE***

as you know I removed the android unit last week due to battery drain.
                      Then this blessing in disguise called Mario92 appeared from the mists of time and gave us the possible cause for the battery drain. Arek103 pulled the plug out and he's happy....no battery drain.

I connected my android into the main unit on Sunday afternoon and set it all up on the drivers floor minus the black plug with the 3 wires.

I've left it til I finished work today, as before, it would have killed the battery.
                      Came home and the car turned over in half a turn.

Success.........it'll be refitted now.

Mario...your a star, but I wish to hell, you'd appeared a week earlier.....coz I'll need to strip all my dash our again

Comment

• Good news... Mark got a new car when this happening to him [emoji23]
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hahah sorry buddy. Glad it’s worked for you too. The icebox team still probably don’t know the reason and I’m glad I was able find this myself.

Comment

• Glad I could help fella and it’s worked for you too

Comment

• Originally posted by Pondy81 View Post
                              Good news... Mark got a new car when this happening to him [emoji23]
                              Aye.....£22k

But it just shows you that the company who are the distribution agents in the UK haven't a clue about them....yet it takes a member to discover the cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mario92 View Post
                                Hahah sorry buddy. Glad it’s worked for you too. The icebox team still probably don’t know the reason and I’m glad I was able find this myself.
                                Your an absolute star mate..... seriously.
                                I can't thank you enough.

Saved me a lot of hassle, as I was constantly phoning them jokers in Liverpool.

I even threatened to drive to the Wirral and confront them face to face.

Comment

Working...
                                X