Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD500 Navi firmware

Hi all

Was trying to do the theme up date on mine today and i think i may have broke it!!!
    I know i should have left well alone as the wife keeps telling me

It now comes on but with a boot loading screen and comes to a screen that says something about batch file can’t be found please insert download medium.

Any ideas or is it a vauxhall job?

2011 that one. It didn’t freeze at all. I uploaded the adam red theme and it was working fine then uploaded the blac carbon one. It installed fine then later i came out and it turned off and on by its self a few times then this screen appeared.

Do you have a link to the original file at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
      2011 that one. It didn’t freeze at all. I uploaded the adam red theme and it was working fine then uploaded the blac carbon one. It installed fine then later i came out and it turned off and on by its self a few times then this screen appeared.

Do you have a link to the original file at all?
      Oh dear. Try using the Adam red theme cd again.
      See if this will fix it.
      I haven't done this on the Cd500 so can't advise why it has failed like this. But usually on the navi 600 a file is corrupted or missing in the installation files so bring up this error as a fail safe system. Try the red theme see if you can bring back a working system, then I can advise further.

Comment

How long should i leave the cd in for? Only ask cause i had the cd with the adam red in it gor about 20 mins and nothing was happening apart from the cd spining

Comment

How long should i leave the cd in for? Only ask cause i had the cd with the adam red in it gor about 20 mins and nothing was happening apart from the cd spining
          Til it finishes the install. It should find all the files from the disc to complete the install. Bit odd is not doing anything. Eject and reinsert. Did you burn a new disc with the Adam theme? or used the one you had last time that worked.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
            Til it finishes the install. It should find all the files from the disc to complete the install. Bit odd is not doing anything. Eject and reinsert. Did you burn a new disc with the Adam theme? or used the one you had last time that worked.
            The first time i did it from a USB but then put a new adam theme on to a disc (same one but fresh copy). Literally i had the disc in there for 1/2 hour and it stayed on the same screen. Does it have to be the dnl file on the disc?

Comment

The first time i did it from a USB but then put a new adam theme on to a disc (same one but fresh copy). Literally i had the disc in there for 1/2 hour and it stayed on the same screen. Does it have to be the dnl file on the disc?
              Right ok. When you performed the initial upgrade did you had to use a usb stick and then a disc?

Comment

Right ok. When you performed the initial upgrade did you had to use a usb stick and then a disc?
                Just Usb no disc

Im only using disc now cause it won’t read usb and it asks to insert download medium which i can only assume means the file on a cd. Have tried it as dnl and iso files but not working at all

Comment

Just Usb no disc

Im only using disc now cause it won’t read usb and it asks to insert download medium which i can only assume means the file on a cd. Have tried it as dnl and iso files but not working at all
                  Yes it's currently at the bootloader screen as a fail safe recovery. Placing the dnl folder on the root of the disc and burn at the lowest speed possible and also using branded disc like tdk or sony not tesco value. Or a disc which you know has worked before in your unit.

Comment

Also is yours the 2011 model

Comment

Also is yours the 2011 model
                      Yes it is and i mad sure that the updates were for mine

Comment

Yes it is and i mad sure that the updates were for mine
                        Any joy with this.

Comment

No not yet as I can’t get cd drive on laptop to burn any slower than x16 and i think that may be the problem.

Are there any computer programs that can slow this for me?

Comment

Imgburn is what I use. When you install it check you not installing other crap stuff with it. Decline or untick some boxes
                            Think my lowest burn speed was 4x.
                            No not yet as I can’t get cd drive on laptop to burn any slower than x16 and i think that may be the problem.

Are there any computer programs that can slow this for me?

Comment

Imgburn is what I use. When you install it check you not installing other crap stuff with it. Decline or untick some boxes
                              Think my lowest burn speed was 4x.
                              Will try that thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X