X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadOnVaux! View Post
    Thanks guys...

I've sacked the job off now sadly as I got the wires through, wired it all up and they wouldn't fold....swapped wires around several times and still nothing.

So I pulled it all out and put everything back together.

Don't give up yet. There is a reason for everything, including the mirrors not working for you. Just need to find this reason and fix it. Do everything step by step. Starting with correct mirrors and switch. Then try the switch on the plug, don't have to install it in place yet, same with mirrors. Use only one mirror for initial testing. Most important - be sure that the new wires that go from switch to the mirror get connected with the mirror's power folding motor wires, correct pins. As I mentioned in the instructions, "Inside the mirror there are two plugs for the folding motor - you can choose whichever you like. I traced the wires from the folding motor plug inside the mirror to the mirror's outside plug - to know where to connect my extra wires from the switch (I used the plug with grey and white wires inside the mirror, if I recall correctly, because these wires are connected next to each other inside the mirror's outside plug - easier to connect extra wires to these)". If you get that wrong, they will not work. In my mirrors the wires were connected to the other plug initially (the small plugs inside the mirrors), so I disconnected from one small plug and connected into the other one.

Comment

Originally posted by CALEB View Post

Don't give up yet. There is a reason for everything, including the mirrors not working for you. Just need to find this reason and fix it. Do everything step by step. Starting with correct mirrors and switch. Then try the switch on the plug, don't have to install it in place yet, same with mirrors. Use only one mirror for initial testing. Most important - be sure that the new wires that go from switch to the mirror get connected with the mirror's power folding motor wires, correct pins. As I mentioned in the instructions, "Inside the mirror there are two plugs for the folding motor - you can choose whichever you like. I traced the wires from the folding motor plug inside the mirror to the mirror's outside plug - to know where to connect my extra wires from the switch (I used the plug with grey and white wires inside the mirror, if I recall correctly, because these wires are connected next to each other inside the mirror's outside plug - easier to connect extra wires to these)". If you get that wrong, they will not work. In my mirrors the wires were connected to the other plug initially (the small plugs inside the mirrors), so I disconnected from one small plug and connected into the other one.
      Thanks Caleb, i appreciate your time and explanation.....it's with mine being a facelift too it makes it different, I just don't think i'll be able to get it to work.

Comment

Mirrors are exactly the same. Switch is different. But must be with the folding option.

You just need to find out the two correct pins on the switch and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by MadOnVaux! View Post

Thanks Caleb, i appreciate your time and explanation.....it's with mine being a facelift too it makes it different, I just don't think i'll be able to get it to work.
          Mirror Switch for folding mirrors on Facelift is controlled via a control box mount on the back of the drivers door card. I've just done a full interior upgrade with the heated leather seats and new looms for the doors so I had folding mirrors. I have everything working except the mirrors. Don't move or fold. I've talked to a couple of people haven't got an answer why yet. it's wide as per the drawings in the manual so think it might be a programming issue

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Comment

Im not 100% sure about the facelift switch, but the pre-facelift has all the electronics for the mirror folding integrated inside the switch.

I's really just sending the power and changing the direction of the current on every push of the button, nothing more.

Comment

Working...
            X