Insignia B headunit (aftermarket)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia B headunit (aftermarket)

So here we are. I was originally told it wasn't possible. It didn't exist. Or it's not worth it.

I feel like I have now proven people wrong. However was it simple ( was it feck)

So some of you may have seen I was interested in a android headunit for my 2018 insignia B, Ali express didn't really offer anything apart from 2. Skyframes offering a frame and wiring for 50 quid (very expensive in my opinion) and anothet company which won't be named also selling a unit however specs were a little on the rubbish side.

Managed to get a seller to agree to sell me a unit with the frame and when it arrived it didn't work as it should. Found this out to be for 2 reasons. 1 The display didn't actually light up correctly. Two harness I believed to be wrong was.

​​​​​​
    ​​​seller had me try all sorts to try rectify the issue. Transpired to be a poorly installed wire within the actual headset and the harness. I have resolved both and below is what I have achieved

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230906_085815.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	352010

Unit is fully powered. Works as intended with canbus and bonus with my aftermarket dsp.

Name:	20230906_081601.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	352011

Supports the aftermarket camera I purchased

Name:	20230906_085808.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	352009

Also gives me 13 inches of android auto.

It's in at the moment and I did find it easier to install than my insignia A facelift. For starters the silver box is easier to get to and wiring involved just removing the plastic trim by the left foot in the drivers seat.

As you can see the trim behind it is missing. That's because the unit came with LHD parts. I plan to cut up my old unit which will resolve the uglyness.

Anyway Im feeling it was worth it as the stock audio unit was a little rubbish and I have already noticed a change in the audio processing.

Well done that man! Give urself a pat on the back and have a celebratory beer, is there any chance of a write up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In relation to a right up? As a install or review? Still some tweeking I need to do with it however currently doing as expected. Need to find a way of enabling the AC as from my knowledge could only be done via the screen and not on the climate control panel. I have it set to last set so should always default to on.

Comment

Install if u can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So this replaces the screen only? What about the buttons originally below the OEM screen?

Comment

Originally posted by Rice315 View Post
            So this replaces the screen only? What about the buttons originally below the OEM screen?
            It replaces it all.

The buttons below are connected to the original display.hence removed with the aftermarket frame.

Comment

Working...
            X