Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical climate control panel not displaying lights and random fault codes

Hi all,

I'm getting to the end of my tether with my car. I'm really hoping there is a simple fix for the below. The car just keeps having issue after issue.

Yesterday, the climate control panel on the car worked fine i.e all the led lights/LCD temp screen worked absolutely fine.

This morning; nothing. Seemingly dead control panel, however the climate system is functional. I can control the climate systems from the touch screen, and also using the buttons on the physical control panel, but the corresponding LED's dont light up i.e. heated seats, re-circ air. The buttons respond appropriately, but there is no visual indication.

I've also got a load of random fault codes which weren't there last week; steering lock, parking control module, SRS, but everything (bar the above) is working fine. Power tail gate and memory/massage seats also flagging up, but every function works as intended.

Fault codes:
    U0151-00 - (Module 6C, SRS?)

B1325-03 (Steering column lock)

U0415-71 (park assist module)

B101D-3C (Display)

I've also got a screenshot of the battery parameters. Does this battery need changing, could it be causing issues? Could the fact I've had an vLinker OBD reader in the port cause wigglyamp issues? It just seems to be never ending.

I'd really appreciate some help on the below to help me iron out these issues so I can just try and convince myself it's a fantastic car!

Click image for larger version

Name:	battery1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	365082

Name:	module1.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	365079

Name:	module 2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	365080

Name:	module 3.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	365084

Name:	module 4.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	365081

Name:	module5.jpg
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	365086

Name:	module 6.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	365085

Name:	module 6.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	365087

Name:	module 7.jpg
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	365083

Attached Files

Yes !
    SOC 66% not good

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Battery issue. My old battery stated 68% SOH but I had no issues, but your SOC is low, mine was ok.
      To be fair the replacement battery after 18 months also has a 69% SOH, but no issues except SS don't work.

Sent from my 23090RA98G using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Battery,the battery will cause havoc with the Insignia electrics/fault codes.
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Battery's goosed, get it tested, replace and run it for about an hour, my facelift did EXACTLY the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the OP is over thinking and over complicating things for himself here.

Comment

All thease lovely graphics with no idea what they mean.
              when basically the battery is goosed
              You should see the other thread it looks like the footsie 100 index .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Crazy thing is when my facelift did it, there was an auto gearbox fault…… it's a manual gear! The only fault that wasn't kicked up was one for the double ended dildo

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                  All thease lovely graphics with no idea what they mean.
                  when basically the battery is goosed
                  You should see the other thread it looks like the footsie 100 index .

That's not quite true - I research what I can to try and understand what information is being displayed to me, what it means, and its associated terminology, more so than I've done with any other car.

I'm posting the graphics to add factual context for those more knowledgeable, who might spot something else (just in case the the devil is in the detail) and to make sure I'm not jumping to conclusions. The knowledge on this forum is particularly nuanced, so the least I can do is attempt to give the information I've got, hopefully without biassing it, so the right avenues can be explored. It also gives me the chance to learn something if people are willing to give their time to explain, which is valuable.

I really do appreciate the help and advice given on this forum, as I originally said, I was hoping it would be a simple fix and my initial thought was perhaps it was the battery; I didn't want to go down rabbit holes thinking all these modules needed replacing, but it was there for background context.

Now I have several opinions from a solid knowledge base, that have been backed up with facts/figures from their own experience. It gives me a lot more confidence to steer it in the right direction. Thank you all.

With regards to my other thread; yes it does have busy looking graphs but I posted them in the hope someone has a penchant for this sort of data and is able to spot something slightly out of the ordinary, which might help.

Once I get the battery sorted, I'll post back with an update, hopefully positive!

Comment

Originally posted by Mondy View Post

That's not quite true - I research what I can to try and understand what information is being displayed to me, what it means, and its associated terminology, more so than I've done with any other car.

I'm posting the graphics to add factual context for those more knowledgeable, who might spot something else (just in case the the devil is in the detail) and to make sure I'm not jumping to conclusions. The knowledge on this forum is particularly nuanced, so the least I can do is attempt to give the information I've got, hopefully without biassing it, so the right avenues can be explored. It also gives me the chance to learn something if people are willing to give their time to explain, which is valuable.

I really do appreciate the help and advice given on this forum, as I originally said, I was hoping it would be a simple fix and my initial thought was perhaps it was the battery; I didn't want to go down rabbit holes thinking all these modules needed replacing, but it was there for background context.

Now I have several opinions from a solid knowledge base, that have been backed up with facts/figures from their own experience. It gives me a lot more confidence to steer it in the right direction. Thank you all.

With regards to my other thread; yes it does have busy looking graphs but I posted them in the hope someone has a penchant for this sort of data and is able to spot something slightly out of the ordinary, which might help.

Once I get the battery sorted, I'll post back with an update, hopefully positive!
                    It costs nothing to have ur battery tested, even the main stealer won't charge for that, but I'll put money on it being the battery has had enough, gud luck with it and don't forget to let us know the conclusion

Comment

UPDATE

I took the car for a major service, battery was tested and was at 47% health on their tester.

New battery put in, I've plugged in the OBD dongle and scanned all the modules and all the spurious fault codes on random modules seemed to have resolved themselves. Apart from two codes to do with the massage seat/seat bolster; it gives a message saying something about fault to earth/ground, but the functions all work as intended...

Also, prior to the battery change, the climate control panel started working again and displaying the LED lights etc, but was probably related to the battery

Comment

Glad u got it sorted of sorts, thanks for the update

Comment

Working...
                        X