Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much torque on 2.0 130 cdti MY09 is safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much torque on 2.0 130 cdti MY09 is safe?

If you have the m32 gearbox (otherwise known as chocolate box), caution would be recommended.

I've not got that geaebox myself bud, but many stories about the m32 box and it's weaknesses over the f40 box (fitted to 160's) on this forum (and vec-c/astra forums).

If I had one I would go for lighter tuning to say 160 horses and 350 torques.

Comment

mcpitman, on 05 October 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:
      I've not got that geaebox myself bud, but many stories about the m32 box and it's weaknesses over the f40 box (fitted to 160's) on this forum (and vec-c/astra forums).

If I had one I would go for lighter tuning to say 160 horses and 350 torques.

I agree. Dont go above 350 on the m32 gearbox to stay safe

Comment

The 130 is running at 300 nm of torque as standard,ive a Bluespark on mine supposedly turning out an extra 20 Bhp and 45 nm torque. No issues to report,don't drive it hard as I got it for fuel economy
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Havnt had it on a dyno but extra torque is very noticeable when overtaking but like I said didn't get it for power I got it for fuel economy,best I've had on screen( which I know isn't 100% true) was 66 mpg, which was on a 200 ml trip, non stop with cc on 68 mph
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

130 Bhp normally has the m32 box and the 160 has the f40

Comment

Stuck with it I think mate,,but then again there's probably better gearboxes that still go tits up,wouldn't put me off buying a car

Comment

Manual M32 130 bhp

Manual F40 auto AF40.??160bhp

Different gear ratios for petrol,same boxes

Comment

M32 Gearbox supports 320nm max hence the 32. It you tune within that limit, it is more safe. Some 130 diesel gearbox have been know to go running the standard map as that is very near the limit but must off been driven hard most the time.

Comment

Working...
                  X