Insignia overheating fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia overheating fault

Hello all, I have a 2013 insignia diesel Sri. I'm having an issue with car going into limp mode. Errors shown related to exhaust gas sensor 1. That's been replaced and then same fault occurred and fault then showed as gas sensor 2 which my engine does not have. I've also replaced oxygen sensor by error on the car. I have also cleaned the egr and hose that enter the throttle body which was full of gunk. I put a dpf treatment into the fuel tank and took it on a motorway drive. I got 20 miles and same error arose relating to gas sensor. I'm scratching my head now. Can't see any visible splits in hoses etc. The only warning I have on start up is low level coolant warning, which is happening because the float in the tank doesn't float anymore. Surely.this couldn't be adding to the problem? Help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Whats your codes please ?

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

It was P2428 and P2428P if I'm reading the code reader correctly. Last night I went out in the car and I got a code which was B0101E.

Comment

P2428 IS exhaust gas temperature too high bank 1 .
        you do have 2 bank 1 sensors
        1 is below the oxygen sensor
        The other is behind the DPF
        which i think is near the fuel, tank You really require live data to see the excat temperature these sensors are reading.

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi, the second sensor is supposed to be below the dpf before the flexi pipe on the exhaust. Mine doesn't have one. I've been told some didn't have a second sensor. Mine definitely doesn't have one there. I've checked 2 times and followed the pipe work back to the dpf. I even bought the 2nd sensor then returned it yesterday. So I'm still puzzled. I have a mate who's a mechanic and his pal who is a dpf doctor approved thinks it's a software issue.

Comment

Hello. I've now booked car into vauxhall, earliest 2 weeks time. I've now watched many videos and read through quite a few posts on the forum. Could the problem possibly be the dpf pressure sensor, reason I ask is before the car goes into limp mode the service soon warning comes up on the dash. I can clear it with the button on the left stalk 2 or 3 times, then the car goes into limp mode. Novice mechanic here, so don't shoot me ha

Comment

Service vehicle soon message means there's a fault code stored .
              if its the pressure sensor then you would have a code
              if you are leaning towards the DPF pressure sensor then with a good diagnostic tool you should get the saturation level of the DPF .
              but on a side note live data would tell you what the EGT is reading
              If its Zero then the software could of been updated
              As I think the software update was due to the car giving a false overheating message then it would start to sound like a plumbers tool bag being thrown down a flight of stairs, a bit alarming, but once code reset then all would be well till next time.
              Some have a second EGT before the DPF i think its just as the downpipe connects to the Cat
              with the update it turns off EGT number 1
              the thing is the title of your thread says " insignia overheating fault "
              Have you got an overheating fault as well ?
              If you could clarify please ,

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally the car came up with service vehicle soon. Which I just cleared whilst driving as I thought it was just a message to say my car was due a service. I then discovered it meant there was a problem with the car. This is when the overheating stop engine warning came on the dash and went into limp mode and sounded like a bag of spanners. The overheating warning has happened at least 5 times. The other night I took it out with a treatment added to the tank hoping to get the car to temp and allow the car to do a passive regeneration. Unfortunately I only got 17 miles before the fault came one, code reader showing exhaust gas temp sensor again. This took 2 resets before I could drive again. I have a mate coming at the weekend who is going to come out with me and monitor the data. So I'm hoping he can sort it. He did mention it maybe turbo boost sensor? I've actually checked the hose that runs from behind the bumper and there is an oily black residue at the back of this hose. Any thoughts mate.

Comment

I should add the car doesn't seem to be overheating. When it first happened I felt the pipework and coolant expansion tank and they felt normal. The temp gauge went to 130. My mate arrived with his computer and reset the fault after 45 minutes in a layby. The temp once the code cleared was around 65. So it didn't reach a high temp.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephens1975 View Post
                    Originally the car came up with service vehicle soon. Which I just cleared whilst driving as I thought it was just a message to say my car was due a service. I then discovered it meant there was a problem with the car. This is when the overheating stop engine warning came on the dash and went into limp mode and sounded like a bag of spanners. The overheating warning has happened at least 5 times. The other night I took it out with a treatment added to the tank hoping to get the car to temp and allow the car to do a passive regeneration. Unfortunately I only got 17 miles before the fault came one, code reader showing exhaust gas temp sensor again. This took 2 resets before I could drive again. I have a mate coming at the weekend who is going to come out with me and monitor the data. So I'm hoping he can sort it. He did mention it maybe turbo boost sensor? I've actually checked the hose that runs from behind the bumper and there is an oily black residue at the back of this hose. Any thoughts mate.
                    From this post it seems you do indeed require the software update if still available
                    from what you are explaining. And what I said .
                    Until your friend can read and understand the live data then there's not worth guessing that it could be the turbo boost solenoid they normally start making a sound like a cow mooing when switching car off
                    For the moment check oil level if above high then consider changing oil and filter
                    As if it is not regenerating then diesel is being pulled back into the sump thus raising level
                    And also the viscosity of the oil will be deminished .

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Funny you should say that about oil level. A few weeks back the Mrs was taking a relative on a bit of a journey to Durham so I thought I'd check all fluids before she went and the oil dipstick was indicating oil was at its highest mark.

Comment

Just an update. Last night I took the car for a motorway drive. I had stripped dpf off and flushed it out. Not a great deal of crap had come out, but some. So I went out last night, ready for it to fault and it didn't. 72 mile trip with no issues. Today my mates been and the car has been force regenerated. My mates opinion is that the car hasn't had the software update that was issued many years ago, as the car is getting a reading on sensor 2 which my car doesn't have. I believe it should read zero but was reading 30. Does the make sense to many folk. The car is still booked in at vauxhall. I'll be mentioning that the car hasn't possibly had the software upgrade years back.

Comment

What reading are you getting from sensor 1 .
                          Have you got the saturation level of the DPF ?
                          And as said before keep checking oil level , if it's high then it's advisable to change.
                          As that's a good way to guard against engine damage .

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I think he said dpf saturation level was 75%. I know during the forced regen, sensor 1 was 650+ I can't remember exact figure.

Comment

So the car has just faulted again with same code. Done around 180 mile since last fault which is an improvement over the 10 to 20 mile I was getting. Codes that come up.

Comment

Working...
                              X