Insignia 2.0 turbo petrol sri 2009 lack of acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia 2.0 turbo petrol sri 2009 lack of acceleration

I have an Insignia 2.0 turbo petrol sri 09 reg and it has a problem with acceleration. When I put my foot down the turbo is spinning but there’s hardly any power. Tried a few garages but they couldn’t diagnose it and just had new cam sensors fitted which has turned off the EML. Any suggestions?

Topic moved

Comment

You really require the codes being read , also live data would be a good thing, or else we shall fire the parts cannon!
      you could always check for air leaks on the inlet side ( split or frayed hoses )
      just a couple of questions
      How do you know the turbo is spooling up ?
      Was this happening before you had the sensor replaced?
      Could be a faulty sensor.

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Cheers for reply. I payed to have it plugged in when EML was on they found it was 2 cam solonoids they said and replaced them which turned light off. Didn’t solve the issue tho. I can hear the turbo spinning when foot down. It used to be once every few days now it’s all the time. I just don’t know what else to do or where to take it

Comment

Sounds like a broken hose, just had an almost similar problem, Lizzard pointed me in the right direction, change the 2 inch hose and problem solved.
          Sounds a little strange that the turbo, gains rpm, if you don't have any reaction when you accelerate, witch in my mind, isn't logical, but just a guess, with my lack of knowledge.

Comment

excaley Mr Jkhnny DK
            my thaught is, if you can hear the turbo spooling then start looking for leaks ..
            Mines a turbo but I cannot hear mine winding up .
            But I am deaf in one lug hole.

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
              excaley Mr Jkhnny DK
              my thaught is, if you can hear the turbo spooling then start looking for leaks ..
              Mines a turbo but I cannot hear mine winding up .
              But I am deaf in one lug hole.
              The thing is, that in my mind, a leak in the intake hose of the turbo, will never let the turbo spin, since there would be a little or no pressure behind it. Therefore the problem indicate it must be in another location. Can it be a leak between the turbo and the intake manifold, that can explain the sound of a spinning turbo. ?

Comment

I can hear the turbo hissing but no power. I put an old after market cone filter on I had on previously to see if I could hear the dump valve noise but can’t. I’m no mechanic but that leads me to suggest lack of boost pressure?

Comment

Theres a doughnut sealing ring that connects the pipe from the Top of the air box ( just past the MAF ) to the turbo inlet that's known to fail causing lack of boost .

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Take a look at the bottom boost pipe

The clips are notorious for coming off themselves.
                    it'll come off and you'll not realise it.
                    Tje clip is a unique design but by refitting it, then placing a larger jubilee over it solves the issue.

Just my tuppence worth.

Comment

You cant really hear the turbo unless it is made like that from the factory, when the turbo ages and you can hear the whine/whistle that means the turbo is on its way out, that is a sign of an air leak but should not impact on performance too much. As for your issue as others has mentioned check for leaks in hoses, then get check them the turbo through live data.
                      Cars are a pain when they don't work and when they cant fix it you feel so loss no one can help and you are stuck with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X