ECM Recall Resumed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sri160cdti, on 30 July 2013 - 08:53 AM, said:
    ....had the update done last week, drivability greatly improved and significantly less hesitant.??MPG - took a 400mile drive yesterday average is 54mpg, granted cruise control @ 75mph - although air con was on most of the way.??Compter tells me i've still got ~400miles left on this tank!

That definetly seems better! Bet you're glad?

Comment

Be prepared for it not being fixed and for them to say its a characteristic of the car. Speaking from 9 months of grief!

Comment

Yes. They need the security codes to perform software updates!

Comment

My '09 2.0 cdti elite is booked in the dealers next Friday for the ECM update. I'll let everyone know any differences after it's done.

Comment

DSG4ME, on 10 August 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:
            Cheers, I've rang to get a replacement but as per with main dealers the callback seems mighty late.

Think they charge 25 quid for a replacement unless you can get them to charge it to the selling garage as I did!

Comment

If its from a VX dealer and they sold you it without then they should get you a new one. I can't believe in this day and age they don't keep records on the computer system!

Comment

Very true. Robbin bar stewards!

Comment

No matter how I drove my auto about town it was always 28-30 mpg at most. Hammered or relaxed driving. Before the **** software went on it was 37-39 mpg. But try telling VX that!

Comment

They have an sequential box in production for the new siggy! 7 speed I believe. Not an out sourced one, GM design and built! I've been through the gear ratio argument with VX HQ numerous times. The car is not set up to be fuel efficient, period. Hangs onto the lower gear far too long particularly in 3rd, 4th and 5th. Town driving you rarely get out of 3rd which kills the consumption. The DSG box bumps up much faster and smoother. This is the type of box they are trying to replicate! Why not just buy them off VAG?!!

Comment

^^^ agreed. As I said I tried to advise on shifts but was told that's what its meant to be!! Yeah right!!

Comment

Trev, they tried to cure mine for 9 months and never achieved it!!

Comment

He sold and cut his losses

Comment

As I've said mines was perfect for 6-7 months and then they started messing with software and totally fecked it up!

Yeah, cut my loses and sold it on. Between juddering for 500-600 yards on cold start to horrendous gearing to crap mpg I was a tenner a week extra in fuel than pre update! So over the 8-9 months they tried to fix if I was 400-500 out of pocket just on fuel!

The judder should not be a characteristic of the car/engine. Mines didn't do then it did so it blows their theory out the window. Did they listen, no!

Comment

Dave, you not got a 160 diesel??

Think its also a V6 2.8 that's been suggested?

Comment

Had the car 7 months and noticed the mpg was dropping! Was averaging 37.5 mpg over first 3k miles! Mixed urban/extra urban but mostly to and from work( 14 mile round trip). They updated software and it started the judder on cold starts. Mines was an auto so if you lifted off everything and let it coast it would judder for 500 ish yards! Rev's would spike every few seconds for days distance then it would settle. The colder it was the worse it was! Mpg dropped like a stone after update to 28-30 same commute! They did recall update in Nov 2012 and judder got worse and gearing became ridiculous. This was suspended 4 weeks later! Luton had car for 6 weeks and the outcome was, characteristic!! Mpg tested 40.7 mpg. My service manager tested the car on return, judder still present and worse and mpg 30 with him testing it!! Fought them via media and trading standards as well as finance company and got no where!

Hence I sold it and bought the Countryman!

Comment

Working...
                                X