Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure where this post should go... Reflection on Mirror camera

Hello all,
    Just wondering if anyone knows if there is anything out there to stop the reflection of the sun on the Mirror Camera. I've got the camera position setup perfectly for my view but there's too much reflection on it.
    I have been looking at privacy glass film on amazon ( https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beautysaid-...n&sr=1-15&th=1 ) but I think that is the wrong thing to buy.

Thanks

What camera do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
      What camera do you have?
      It's an xgody off eBay
      【Easy Set Up & Universal Compatible】 It is very easy to set up this car HD DVR portable car screen, you don’t need to disassemble any part of the car,don’t need connect complicated and confused wires, wireless connection in 5 minutes.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

The for house windows by the looks of it.

And as the sun is something we can't control, I would say getting the windows tinted professionally, is the only way it would help.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
          The for house windows by the looks of it.

And as the sun is something we can't control, I would say getting the windows tinted professionally, is the only way it would help.
          I have the windows tinted already but still gets reflection from the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Oll1e2 View Post
            I have the windows tinted already but still gets reflection from the rear.

Well, I think the only option would be to email Helios

Comment

I only ask cause on some cameras you can by a filter for this reason. My camera cam with it

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                I only ask cause on some cameras you can by a filter for this reason. My camera cam with it
                Sounds silly but what would said filter be called so I can see if there could possibly be a universal one?

Comment

Check this out at Amazon - VIOFO CPL Filter Circular Polarizer Filter for A129 Duo / A129 Pro Duo / A129 Plus Duo / A129 IR / A119 V3 / A119 / A119S Series Dash Camera Lenses https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HVV7S...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Cpl filter. Have one on my camera

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                  Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                    Check this out at Amazon - VIOFO CPL Filter Circular Polarizer Filter for A129 Duo / A129 Pro Duo / A129 Plus Duo / A129 IR / A119 V3 / A119 / A119S Series Dash Camera Lenses https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HVV7S...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Cpl filter. Have one on my camera

P30 lite using Tapatalk
                    Not a bad shout that.
                    But my concern is how to I minimize the reflection on the actual camera screen itself.

Comment

Not a bad shout that.
                      But my concern is how to I minimize the reflection on the actual camera screen itself.
                      You can’t it’s a mirror

Comment

Well that would be the same for any standard rear view mirror. Don't get why this is so important to you. Don't you have it set to turn the screen off after a timeout? And it should only come on of you have a reverse camera. When I had one of those the screen was a mirror when not on and was fine, had screen set to come on when reverse selected and again was fine. It only lasted a year then stopped working .
                        Maybe I'm missing something here.

P30 lite using Tapatalk

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                          Well that would be the same for any standard rear view mirror. Don't get why this is so important to you. Don't you have it set to turn the screen off after a timeout? And it should only come on of you have a reverse camera. When I had one of those the screen was a mirror when not on and was fine, had screen set to come on when reverse selected and again was fine. It only lasted a year then stopped working .
                          Maybe I'm missing something here.

P30 lite using Tapatalk
                          I do have it timed out buy when I put it in reverse there's so much reflection it's hard to see the reversing lines.

Comment

Have you tried the screen brightness control to see if makes any difference?

P30 lite using Tapatalk

Comment

I do have it timed out buy when I put it in reverse there's so much reflection it's hard to see the reversing lines.

Then why use it for reverse???
                              whats wrong with the conventional way....using your door mirrors and standard interior mirror.

I'm sure it would have been adequate before the need for a camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X