No announcement yet.

HID Xenon Kit Installation - Facelift Insignias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ones we have bought I think they give a good light output brightness wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Burgerking1972 View Post
      The ones we have bought I think they give a good light output brightness wise.
      Mine do too,but i wouldn't say they're streets ahead of xenon
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Just joined the forum, have a facelift ST.

Been watching this thread for a while - the link to the LED bulbs doesn't have any pictures of the bulbs, but worth noting that they're 20% off at the moment and free delivery, so only £96, only £20 more than the suggested xenon bulbs.

My question is, has anybody been through the MOT with either set and is the light output of the LED bulbs good enough? I'd like the LEDs ideally, the bulb setup when you flash the main beams being on the same bulb as the dipped means you'd at least be able to flash other drivers if needed effectively, rather than wait for warm up etc.

Cheers

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Insignia_ST View Post

Been watching this thread for a while - the link to the LED bulbs doesn't have any pictures of the bulbs, but worth noting that they're 20% off at the moment and free delivery, so only £96, only £20 more than the suggested xenon bulbs.

My question is, has anybody been through the MOT with either set and is the light output of the LED bulbs good enough? I'd like the LEDs ideally, the bulb setup when you flash the main beams being on the same bulb as the dipped means you'd at least be able to flash other drivers if needed effectively, rather than wait for warm up etc.

Cheers

Rob
          Hi Rob,

I haven't heard of anyone on the forum with a facelift having an MOT yet. I have mine booked in for an MOT on the 24th of July so I'll know then but I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna have any issues regarding my LEDs. The cut off on the beam pattern is exactly the same whether you have Halogens, Xenons or LEDs fitted so I doubt they'll have reason to fail them. The light output is far brighter than Halogen but after having HIDs in mine for a couple of years before moving over to the LEDs I think HIDs have a slightly better output.

This is one of my LED bulbs from the horizon link,
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by Insignia_ST View Post

Cheers

Rob
            The afl's provide dipped beam and main beam from the 1 bulb. The switch between the two uses a rotating cylinder to change the beam pattern from dipped to main. The bulb is always lit so there is no delay on either. The switch to main beam increases output from 35w to 38w on xenons. Not sure if this applies to the 'flash' so there may be a fraction of a second delay on flash, but not I've never noticed it on oncoming siggys with afl, always looks like a shutter on/off/, so I think it does not apply. LED's will use less power though. Either will be OK.

Comment

Thank you for the comments back Marko and Buttons and in particular for pics of the LED bulbs. Fair point about the MOT, I've just booked mine in for its first one and forgot that this was only a couple of years old.

Really debating what to go for - I've had aftermarket xenons in 2 cars previously which were great, but the LED bulbs are tempting at that price. Erring towards xenons just because of cost...

Comment

The horizon LEDs are dear. Tbh the only reason I bought that particular kit is because another forum member bought and fitted them and was able to get the headlight cover back on no problem. There are probably cheaper ones out there but it's whether or not they'll fit with the cover on.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                  The horizon LEDs are dear. Tbh the only reason I bought that particular kit is because another forum member bought and fitted them and was able to get the headlight cover back on no problem. There are probably cheaper ones out there but it's whether or not they'll fit with the cover on.
                  I agree, they're dear enough, but getting the headlight cover on to keep things stock is great. But erring towards a 5k xenon kit just because I've had before, can still get the cover on and price is a factor. Perhaps i'll be braver and less tight next time....

Any views on 5k compared to 6k when looking at against the DRL - trying to keep things fairly stock looking, but would like a match in colour as far as possible.

Comment

I found the 5000k xenons the best match to the DRLs but some prefer the 6000k.

The LEDs are 6500k but I'd say they're more between 5000k and 6000k

5000k xenons

6500k LEDs

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Marko - confirmed as 5k xenon's for me, they look great. Thanks again.

Comment

marko301 how does the LED bulbs from Horizon look like? are they like this:
                        I am asking because i am willing to buy led kit that has this kind of led emitters configuration (in one small line)... Because i really want to have good cut off and light distribution on the road ahead. How are you pleased with the light distribution?

Comment

Yes that image is exactly the same as the ones I bought.

A couple of us bought the LED kit from horizon and both are pleased with the result. Though I have just bought a new Insignia B and removed the LEDs before I part exchanged it. They won't go in the new Insignia so will be going up for sale shortly.

Comment

Thank you for your answer. The kit on the photo above is from china for 40 pounds...
                            I am in doubt where to order, from Horizon (for 100) or directly from china (for 40).
                            Is the driver on the photo above also the same as it comes with the horizon kit? because if everything is the same i will order from china and save 60 pounds.
                            Thank you for your help and enjoy in new Insignia!

Comment

Thanks.

This it's the kit I have from horizon. The bulb and driver look the same. Horizon probably get the same ones from China.

Comment

Hi all, I'm new here!

Thanks for all the great info, it's really great to see sound advice on here as there is a lot of crap info out there that's confusing.

I have just bought a 2014 facelifted insignia and would love to upgrade to Xenons.

The install instructions and results look on point. I'm just wondering how close the HID bulbs are to the inside of the projector lens? Are the Xenon bulbs a lot bigger than the stock halogens and will the slowly burn the lens over time?

Comment

Working...
                                X