Android Aftermarket 10.4 infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android Aftermarket 10.4" infotainment systems - Technical Discussion

Don’t look at it anymore because it isn’t the right info. Told you that you have to look at the build.prop file. Info on the screen you posted is not correct, it is what the manufacturer wants us to believe. It also says 6.0, it is 4.4.2 Kitkat. Also it says 2 GB ram, it’s 1 GB we have. So if you want to know for sure, look at the Build.prop file. If the version you say is in Build.prop, it is correct.

Were to find and how to view Build.prop:
    Android build prop is responsible for enabling and disabling a plethora of options and features. Here's how to edit build.prop on Android devices.

Comment

• Originally posted by sriray View Post
      I still didn't see the mirror link app after the upgrade on yours
      That is correct, no mirror link on the system.

Comment

• What are your thoughts so far on this system? Would you recommend it as a suitable replacement for cd500 etc. ?

Comment

• Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
          Don’t look at it anymore because it isn’t the right info. Told you that you have to look at the build.prop file. Info on the screen you posted is not correct, it is what the manufacturer wants us to believe. It also says 6.0, it is 4.4.2 Kitkat. Also it says 2 GB ram, it’s 1 GB we have. So if you want to know for sure, look at the Build.prop file. If the version you say is in Build.prop, it is correct.

Were to find and how to view Build.prop:
          Android build prop is responsible for enabling and disabling a plethora of options and features. Here's how to edit build.prop on Android devices.

Yes but I'm referring to the date. The date is correct. The later the date. The newer the software. In theory.

Can't believe no mirror link. I have have to check the one they sent me

Comment

• Originally posted by Mcbane14 View Post
            What are your thoughts so far on this system? Would you recommend it as a suitable replacement for cd500 etc. ?
            Do you use your sat nav much?

Comment

• I think it is far from perfect. But worth it, way better then the original unit.

Comment

Yes but I'm referring to the date. The date is correct. The later the date. The newer the software. In theory.

Can't believe no mirror link. I have have to check the one they sent me
                It would be, in theory. But in the screen you are looking they could also put like two monkeys and a banana it has no reliable info.
                Could be right, could be wrong.

Comment

I think it is far from perfect. But worth it, way better then the original unit.
                  Ideal if the sat nav works properly don't cut out my music after giving voice guidance or warnings. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                    Ideal if the sat nav works properly don't cut out my music after giving voice guidance or warnings. Lol
                    That is, in my opinion, the least of a problem on the unit. I have my girl always talking at me all the time in the car so I like the mute button on the Tom Tom Go :-) I could not hear it even if I want to.

Comment

That is, in my opinion, the least of a problem on the unit. I have my girl always talking at me all the time in the car so I like the mute button on the Tom Tom Go :-) I could not hear it even if I want to.
                      Important to the rest of us.

Comment

Important to the rest of us.
                        I was being sarcastic.....

Comment

I was being sarcastic.....
                          Thought you was serious

Comment

No, it’s annoying. It does this in all the apps, not only in the Tom Tom. But I managed somehow that my sound from Spotify keeps playing now when Tom Tom speaks but that is also not a solution because then I cannot hear both of them.

(It doesn’t do it in the stock apps already on the unit but I am not using a single one of them)

Comment

• Cheers i will have a play once i eventually get mine working did you drill a hole in the bumper?

Comment

Do you use your sat nav much?
                                Yes but I tend to use my phone as my maps are ancient.

I use the usb for my iPhone all the time to listen to Spotify.

Would love DAB and Bluetooth or something that really integrates with the phone.

Comment

Working...
                                X