Fault code reader for 2016 Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fault code reader for 2016 Insignia

I’ve got 3 of these OPCom black plug thingies with the cables that you plug into a computer. On my 2006 Vectra C 1.9CDTi (120) during trying to program a newly chipped imo/key to the car pressing the wrong button, I managed to wipe the car’s settings, so it did nothing. A mobile guy luckily was able to restore all the settings, then did the key for me.

I never tried them again after this bad episode, but on the wife’s VW we have a self contained gizmo that can read and clear fault codes.

Is there something similar available for the Insignia that’s more foolproof than these opcom devices?

Thanks

You may find that the one you use for your wife's VW will work to read the main codes and reset the MIL as it will be using the ODBII standard. It wont program any interfaces though

Comment

Think diagnostic tool, its available here in the traders section and a discount code is available.
      opcom is not really the tool to use on anything above 2014 and if its a China clone then throw the software away .or as you found out it can brick your car or worse.

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Grab a vgate OBD reader. Small enough to hide and auto power off after some time.

Has worked with everything opl monitor and can read and clear codes

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230709_113625.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	348078

Comment

I bought a Vlinker Mc + and it reads ever code and with the OPL app I can monitor the cylinders engine temp dpf level any dtc code and clear them and tell’s when it’s regenerating too handy for 60€

Comment

Working...
          X