• Originally posted by MattG View Post
    Snap

P30 lite using Tapatalk
    Fud 2

Comment

• Lol

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Morning all I managed to pull the cover all the way off how the he'll does it go back on

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

• Originally posted by Smig64 View Post
          Morning all I managed to pull the cover all the way off how the he'll does it go back on

Bluetak

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post

Bluetak
            Cheers fella will give it a go was gona try double sided tape

Comment

Cheers fella will give it a go was gona try double sided tape

There should be clips on the trip that push into the body.
              the white square plug is supposed to be pulled out first then the trim pulls off.

Then obviously once the trim is on, the plug pushed back in.

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                Before I begin. This guide is based on Burgerking1972s initial completion of this mod so a big thank you to him for starting the ball rolling.

What you will need.

Two working tailgate lights, Part numbers, 39024220 for the left hand side and 39024221 for the right hand side. The price for the pair at
                the time of writing this is �87.36 inc VAT. (Have since gone up to �106 for the pair)

Approximately 5 metres of 2 core cable, Connectors (Crimps and bullet crimps were used in this instance) and electrical tape.

Tools required

7mm socket

8mm socket

Flat blade screwdriver

Trim removal tools or other plastic makeshift tool like an old credit card.

The route of the cables in this how to will go like this,

1. Remove the securing nut from the inner tailgate handle using a 7mm socket and remove the plastic latching cover. Then working around the edges, pull
                the carpeted cover off. The edges are secured with clips but with a bit of a yank, they pop out no problem

2. Using an 8mm socket, remove the nut on the LH light, the RH light and the 2 outer nuts securing each side of the chrome trim. Then pull the chrome
                trim out a little to enable the removal of the lights.

3. Pull out the left and right rubber hoses at the top of the tailgate where the cables go through. They're in pretty tight but should give with a little
                pressure to the side with a flat bladed screwdriver as you pull down. Then pull away the plastic side trims along the LH and RH sides of
                the window (again, just yank and the clips come out).

4. Pull away the trim from the rear pillars on the passenger side and drivers side to enable the headlining to be pulled down a little. There is a rectangle
                clip holding the trim in place. Remove it by pulling it all the way out.

5. Cut off the connectors on the lights and replace them with bullet crimps (or connectors of your choice) and refit the lights. (make sure you can still
                see the wires. Purple (positive) and Black (negative).

6. Feed your cables through holes on either side of the window and out through the holes where you pulled the hoses from. Then attach each one to a
                piece of wire coat hanger and thread it through the hose and into the headlining.

Now feed the left and right cables through the plastic trims on the rear pillars and into the boot. Pull back the side carpets in the boot to gain access to
                the cables.

7. Locate the Grey/Brown cable (positive) and the black cable (negative) inside the boot near the driver's side (RHS) rear light (It's the loom of cable
                which go through a grommet to the rear light). You may need to pull away some of the black covering to access them. (ignore the blue bullet crimp...it's
                connecting my rear parking sensor. ) Repeat for the passenger side (LHS) this time locate the Brown/Purple (positive) and Black (negative).

Now splice into them with crimps connecting RHS Red to Grey/Brown (positive) and Black to Black (negative). LHS Red to Brown/Purple (positive)
                and Black to Black (negative).

8. At the other end of your cables, secure them along the RH side and LH side of the window, crimp female bullet crimps to the ends and attach them to
                the lights. (Red to Purple (positive) and Black to Black (negative).

9. (Optional) Tape up all connections with electrical tape. (I did this for added security against any connectors coming free (though bullet crimps connect
                pretty damn tight) and also to help against chafing). Secure any loose cable and refit all trim.

10. Turn on your new lights and enjoy!
                Anyone know the price of these lights

Comment

Anyone know the price of these lights

Around £90 - £100
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post

Around �90 - �100
                    Ouch cheers buddy

Comment

Ouch cheers buddy

Hence my post a whole ago.....about doing the lights.

Now, with you asking about pricing......I thought you were making your own??

Comment

Alright buddy I have made my own as a short term measure was just thinking long term

Comment

Put the holes were I was advised to but I had to put wires under light as hole in boot was opposite side to hole in lights just don't want to get a wet boot

Comment

Put the holes were I was advised to but I had to put wires under light as hole in boot was opposite side to hole in lights just don't want to get a wet boot

Holes????

I've done lots of these and to do it properly, so it matches the look of the tail light, the full unit needs cut then it splits into 4 pieces.

Comment

Holes????

I've done lots of these and to do it properly, so it matches the look of the tail light, the full unit needs cut then it splits into 4 pieces.
                              I looked at trying to separate the lights then reseal wasn't sure if it was a good idea incase it breaks was told to drill a hole in the back of light then reseal with wires sticking out if that makes sence

Comment

I looked at trying to separate the lights then reseal wasn't sure if it was a good idea incase it breaks was told to drill a hole in the back of light then reseal with wires sticking out if that makes sence

the gas man Kel.....can you show Graham pics of your lights mate.
                                ive looked and can't find them mate, sorry .

Graham.....There's about 8 or 9 different sections inside the light....hence why you need to split them to get the right effect.

It's so it matches the tail cluster.

Comment

Working...
                                X