Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1981biglad View Post
    I would love to make my own as can't find any reasonably priced in the UK
    Haha, Rab is your man then , be nice to him and he may help, have you looked at cars being broken or not...

Comment

• Yeah think the breakers must be aware and want stupid money

Comment

• I am selling my old set of non illuminated ones, if you want them for experimental purposes?

Comment

• Thanks for the how to guide, I guess its old news now to most people but I have only just done mine. An important difference to wiring on the 2016 insignia is the LHS cluster wire is actually grey/ violet, I connected to the brown/ purple initially and no light! I checked the Haynes and it is Grey/Violet.... let there be light, and there was light!

Comment

• Typical of vauxhall changing the wiring.

The certainly make a big difference

Comment

• They've done it a few times for some reason. The like to keep modders on their toes
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Hello folks. Amazing details and information from marko301​ and many other members in the following replies. I got the lights, and I will be doing this soon. However, I am wondering if the process can be simplified by the below changes. please let me know if those can work or if they won't and why:
                1. Instead of running two pairs of cables, why not wire both lights in parallel to the same pair of cables?
                2. Instead of running the ground cable/s down to the tail light clusters, why not connect them to the ground wire feeding the boot tailgate stop light?
                3. If we want the lights to be ON when the daytime running lights are ON, then we connect the positive wire to that of the daytime running lights. However, if we want them to be ON when the brake lights are ON, then we can simply connect the positive wire to that of the boot tailgate stop light. No?
                All your thoughts and feedback will be much appreciated folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick.yolo View Post
                  Hello folks. Amazing details and information from marko301​ and many other members in the following replies. I got the lights, and I will be doing this soon. However, I am wondering if the process can be simplified by the below changes. please let me know if those can work or if they won't and why:
                  1. Instead of running two pairs of cables, why not wire both lights in parallel to the same pair of cables?
                  2. Instead of running the ground cable/s down to the tail light clusters, why not connect them to the ground wire feeding the boot tailgate stop light?
                  3. If we want the lights to be ON when the daytime running lights are ON, then we connect the positive wire to that of the daytime running lights. However, if we want them to be ON when the brake lights are ON, then we can simply connect the positive wire to that of the boot tailgate stop light. No?
                  All your thoughts and feedback will be much appreciated folks.
                  Thanks....I'm no auto electrician. I just did it the simplest way I could based on my limited knowledge. If your way makes it easier go for it. We're all here to learn and help each other.

I don't really understand the rest of what you are saying though? The legal requirement of daytime running lights is so you're noticeable driving toward pedestrians and other road users. Rear lights are not a requirement and to be honest are hardly noticeable on a bright clear day.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Only thing I can seee is that brake lights should be brighter than tail lights to distinguish between flora and margarita..
                    so the lights are bright as tail lights but possibly nit bright enough to be used as stop lights,not unless you can get dual filiment type .

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

• Thank you for your input folks. I am connecting them to light up with normal lights and not break lights.
                      All I found so far is:
                      1. you can wire their ground wire to ground wire feeding the boot tailgate stop light
                      2. Connecting both positive wires together, then to one of the rear lights' positive line, could overload the fault detection circuit on that rear light feed, and cause errors
                      Any other ideas please?

Comment

• Its BRAKE lights not BREAK.

And the normal lights is where they get connected to.

It doesn't overload and it doesn't cause errors.
                        Last edited by RBH; 02-05-2024, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X