Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear passenger window - wont stay fixed to regulator - clip keeps dislodging!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear passenger window - wont stay fixed to regulator - clip keeps dislodging!

Hi guys - need a bit of help

Rear passenger left window was stuck down and seems my regulator was broken. Got another from a breaker, tested it and it worked fine.
    Removing the old one was a complete pain though! Theres a hole in the glass where it meets the regulator and another hole on the bracket- glass held in place by a clip which was impossible to pull out as it faces the door skin and theres no room! Eventually slipped a blade behind the clip and off it came.

Anyway, installed new regulator, dropped glass back down and pushed the circular clip in - limited space but it seemed tight. Test window - all good. After a couple of ups and downs it was clear the clip had popped out again - tried the internet to see if i am missing something as there's nothing on the regulator bracket at the back for the clip to grip - seems to grip the glass but again, it keeps coming out.

Seems an odd design of clip but i cant find any videos or diagrams anywhere or any posts about this actual issue! Without the glass the clip pushes right thro

anyone had this issue before?

see pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SOPRANO69 View Post
      see pics
      It's the same set up as the Vectra C bud....its gotta be perfectly fitted or it catches and works its way out.
      iif its not bang in the middle, you'll get issues

how handy is Upullit??

Id be there getting a few extra clips

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

It's the same set up as the Vectra C bud....its gotta be perfectly fitted or it catches and works its way out.
        iif its not bang in the middle, you'll get issues

how handy is Upullit??

Id be there getting a few extra clips
        Thanks mate - been driving myself round the bend thinking i was missing a piece. When i fitted it it felt nice and tight but theres hardly any room between the door skin and the holder!
        I had to cut the clip from behind when i was taking it out -tried a hook tool to pull it from the door skin side but it wouldnt budge - then i realised i could have accessed it through a gap in the regulator and tried pushing it !

I bought a couple of spare clips altho they are just over £3 a pop so will give it another go -thanks

Comment

Thanks mate - been driving myself round the bend thinking i was missing a piece. When i fitted it it felt nice and tight but theres hardly any room between the door skin and the holder!
          I had to cut the clip from behind when i was taking it out -tried a hook tool to pull it from the door skin side but it wouldnt budge - then i realised i could have accessed it through a gap in the regulator and tried pushing it !

I bought a couple of spare clips altho they are just over £3 a pop so will give it another go -thanks
          Aye, it's a pain in the arse bud.....you need hands the size of a bairn.
          when I put the rear electric kit into my old vec, I stuck a pair of gloves on and used threadlock to keep it in place....still there after 13 years

Comment

when I put the rear electric kit into my old vec, I stuck a pair of gloves on and used threadlock to keep it in place....still there after 13 years
            Never thought of that tbh!! Pushing it from the back i had a tiny socket and pushed that against it as hard as i could . If all else fails, Gorilla Glue!!
            Watch this space

Comment

Well mate - now on my 5th attempt today and pulling my hair out now as it keeps failing after a couple of times up and down - I cant help but feel I am missing something!!
              Each time i have pushed the clip in from the door skin side as far as it will go - all seems tight as well.
              Up it goes a couple of times and ok - then - although its not used much- pops out again when anyone uses the back window
              I have attached a pic of the genuine Vauxhall clip. Doesnt seem like it will grip much but guessing the thicker round part lodges itself between the hole in the glass when it sits in the bracket??

Im out of ideas
              Attached Files

Comment

I'm just doing an electric conversion on my insignia. Getting it out was easy breezy, can I get it back in and to stay? Not in a month of Sundays. Any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by RedVXLine View Post
                  I'm just doing an electric conversion on my insignia. Getting it out was easy breezy, can I get it back in and to stay? Not in a month of Sundays. Any tips?
                  Hi mate

I think i may have a solution which i havent tried yet but i noticed on E-bay you can get rubber bungs that are tapered at the end. They are usually used for beakers and test tubes. I kept the bracket off my old regulator to see how the clip fits but as ive had zero luck i thought id order a 11mm one and a 13mm one.

See pictures attached. I think the 13mm would need trimmed but may be a struggle to get through the narrower glass so when weather permits, im going to try and use the 11mm one and coat it with HV Superglue once i know it fits and quickly push it through. You get stuff that allows an extra 10 seconds to bond from T00lstation and it costs under £3.
                  Hopefully i have room but im fairly sure once its in it will never move!!
                  Car is an 09 so im never going to need to take it out again!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi mate

I think i may have a solution which i havent tried yet but i noticed on E-bay you can get rubber bungs that are tapered at the end. They are usually used for beakers and test tubes. I kept the bracket off my old regulator to see how the clip fits but as ive had zero luck i thought id order a 11mm one and a 13mm one.

See pictures attached. I think the 13mm would need trimmed but may be a struggle to get through the narrower glass so when weather permits, im going to try and use the 11mm one and coat it with HV Superglue once i know it fits and quickly push it through. You get stuff that allows an extra 10 seconds to bond from T00lstation and it costs under £3.
                    Hopefully i have room but im fairly sure once its in it will never move!!
                    Car is an 09 so im never going to need to take it out again!
                    Hi pal, the information is appreciated. See whilst the factory clip in my hands I can work out how the 2 halves go together, it's the bigger half that won't stay in the regulator as you may have found out yourself. Worst case it was temporarily going to get a couple of zip ties. Lol. But until I've activated the electric rear windows it's sat back on the old manual mechanism.

Comment

Originally posted by RedVXLine View Post

Hi pal, the information is appreciated. See whilst the factory clip in my hands I can work out how the 2 halves go together, it's the bigger half that won't stay in the regulator as you may have found out yourself. Worst case it was temporarily going to get a couple of zip ties. Lol. But until I've activated the electric rear windows it's sat back on the old manual mechanism.
                      Hi mate - I posted a pic of the clip further up but its all in one piece? Have i miseed ordering another bit? I found that pushing it through and trying to get it far enough so the start of the round bit sits in the glass is impossible- or does it split in 2?

Comment

Hi mate - I posted a pic of the clip further up but its all in one piece? Have i miseed ordering another bit? I found that pushing it through and trying to get it far enough so the start of the round bit sits in the glass is impossible- or does it split in 2?
                        Hi pal, I think I've figured out both yours and my issue. Yours is you're missing another identical half, if you can find the other part or order the other half turn one 90⁰ and they interlock by the looks. My issue was I was offering up a part that doesn't bloody belong there . I found the other half in the bottom of the door I can't quote here what I said to myself out loud. But I'm sure you can imagine. Lol. I'll go get mine and upload a pic.

Comment

Hope this helps. For fitting, you should be able to hold the back of it with your finger, for the front, when you line it up with the hole in the metal guide, use a punch to push the inner one toward the other one or if you have a ¼" socket set, 10mm at a guess will do to push it in, or one suitable anyway.. Does that make sense? I've had an hour sleep in 24 hours so you'll have to excuse any non sensical bits Click image for larger version  Name:	20230816_200117.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.4 KB ID:	350665
                          Attached Files

Comment

That’s a big help because I’ve o ly been using one !! Lol didn’t realise there were 2 luckily I have a spare but I’ll let you know if the bung works !

Comment

I realised what your issue was immediately after realising what my issue was . Yeah please do it'll definitely be a good replacement if it works, not just for me, but for anyone reading this particular thread

Comment

Working...
                              X