Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marko301... to sit vertically, its very near the hole and I think driving Iver a bumpy road will make the bulb pop into the hole... thought about a foil wrap to make it v snug but getting hacked off going to get them levelled up every time. Going to get the ns lifted and see if it's better Click image for larger version

Name:	20230311_173303.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	343139

Comment

• I've never had to get them leveled after fitting them and I've had them in and out. The level never changes no matter how many times I remove them because they only fit one way once in. Are you sure you need to keep going to get them leveled? I'm really anal about the output so I'm always conscious of the cut off on other vehicles etc...Still never been flashed in over 4 years of using them.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        I've never had to get them leveled after fitting them and I've had them in and out. The level never changes no matter how many times I remove them because they only fit one way once in. Are you sure you need to keep going to get them leveled? I'm really anal about the output so I'm always conscious of the cut off on other vehicles etc...Still never been flashed in over 4 years of using them.
        Yes, as I've put other bulbs in they've needed to be levelled. The Safego, CarRover and Novsight were all different and needed levelling up every time. Look at the nearside of mine and how low it is compared to the offside

Comment

• LED replacement "bulbs" dont always have same focus point where light shine.
          Some do, that's good, some don't - then they blind others
          In my country they are not allowed in headlight high or low,cant pass yearly MOT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oggy View Post
            LED replacement "bulbs" dont always have same focus point where light shine.
            In my country they are not allowed in headlight high or low,cant pass yearly MOT.
            Yes, this is the same here as well, the choice you take. As you say, 'some' do.... and it's getting the 'some do' bulb. What was available, seems not to be currently - the legalities have been done to death on the forums. Neither HID nor LED are legal as a retrofit, but thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post

Yes, as I've put other bulbs in they've needed to be levelled. The Safego, CarRover and Novsight were all different and needed levelling up every time. Look at the nearside of mine and how low it is compared to the offside
              I've always checked them against 2 marks on my wall and they tend to pretty much stay the same. Maybe I'm more gentle when I refit them.

Originally posted by Oggy View Post
              LED replacement "bulbs" dont always have same focus point where light shine.
              Yeah tried lots of bulbs and the light spread was shocking. I can understand the law not allowing after market LEDs because some people would put any in. The ones I have are spot on though and I believe a decent manufacturers such as Philips would make a good after market bulb if the law wasn't so focused on only banning them because they're LED.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• marko301 - ordered more F2 H7s from a different seller - on Aliexpress (don't like it but worth a pop) - arrived and the blade lines up with the notch as per yours !!! happy days. Link: Eurs F2 Led Car Headlight H4 Led H7 Canbus H1 H8 H9 H11 9005 9006 72w 12000lm 6500k Car Styling Auto Headlamp Fog Light Bulbs - Car Headlight Bulbs(led) - AliExpress

Comment

marko301 - ordered more F2 H7s from a different seller - on Aliexpress (don't like it but worth a pop) - arrived and the blade lines up with the notch as per yours !!! happy days. Link: Eurs F2 Led Car Headlight H4 Led H7 Canbus H1 H8 H9 H11 9005 9006 72w 12000lm 6500k Car Styling Auto Headlamp Fog Light Bulbs - Car Headlight Bulbs(led) - AliExpress
                  Oh nice one. I don't mind Ali. It can be a bit slow sometimes but I found their help Is good if you have an issue. How much were they with added tax?

Comment

• marko301 ... £27.29 ... much cheaper than the ebay price. Took a week to come so not too bad at all

Comment

marko301 ... £27.29 ... much cheaper than the ebay price. Took a week to come so not too bad at all
                      That's not bad. Pretty much normal halogen bulb prices.

Comment

• FINALLY - a decent set of LEDs!!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	337644492_611668230479915_593761439922142045_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	96.6 KB ID:	347225

Comment

• ​​​​​https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtzQvNm

I instal these for revers light, no error but they glow a little when not in reverse, like there is some voltage all the time. When returned one halogen bulb other LED work normally...
                          ​​​Also installed led panel light in boot and one additional light on other side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230525_211142.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	347230

Comment

• Originally posted by Oggy View Post
                            ​​​​​https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtzQvNm

I instal these for revers light, no error but they glow a little when not in reverse, like there is some voltage all the time. When returned one halogen bulb other LED work normally...
                            ​​​Also installed led panel light in boot and one additional light on other side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230525_211142.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	347230
                            I had this, sent them back and fitted the ones listed at the start of this thread... work perfectly... but the phone pcket charger now doesn't work and the radio turns off when reversing.... helps me concentrate!

Comment

• is this the correct LED for the side repeater bulb please?

2x SMD LED AMBER ORANGE INDICATOR SIGNAL TURNING SIDE LIGHT BULB T10 W5W 501 | eBay

or:

4-Pack T10 501 W5w Amber/Yellow Canbus Error Free LED Light Bulbs,9-SMD 2835 Chipsets Car Replacement Bulb For 194 168 2825 Map Dome Courtesy License Plate Side Marker Light (12V) : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive​​
                              Last edited by Chewy1971; 25-07-2023, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Hi. Does anybody know how to change front fog light bulbs?

Comment

Working...
                                X