No announcement yet.

Afl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh, I see....some sort of induction type thing. I'll get all cleaned up and . I'll report back!

Comment

Ok, so I've got under car again and took a couple of pics.
      the unit seems solid, no cracks on the body to suggest it's been dislodged but should there be a gap between the sensor and car structure?
      The securing bolts are rusted solid....can't even get a correct socket size on it! What size socket should it be?
      I've given the sensor a clean insitu.....bit stuck now

Comment

Unplug it and see if the same code pops up,does wiring look ok?
        Try jacking up to narrow the gap,yes should be a gap,that's how it measures the weight or no weight on the rear to give the light modules info.You will either have to cover the light sensor if you do this in daytime or try switching to dipped beam.
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me.
          Its a friends code reader from work so dont have access to it. I'm going to try and get it through MOT as lights appear to be focused correctly and (fingers crossed) try again. Do you know what the socket size is? Thought it was a 10mm but nothing seems to fit properly.

Comment

I'm sure m10,but with age/rust you will struggle,try m8 or AF to tap socket on.New they're m6x20
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
              I'm sure m10,but with age/rust you will struggle,try m8 or AF to tap socket on.New they're m6x20
              Or these are cheap and very useful.

If any fault code comes up that brings eml on its instant fail regardless if working or not

Sent from my 23090RA98G using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

So a bit of an update re. The warning light and the cars mot......
                It seems that as long as the lights satisfy the mot requirements (they still do their dance, main beam works, direction lights work and beam looks same as always against a wall) then its a pass!
                Whether the lights will adjust with weight in the back is another matter but at least it buys me time to get it sorted.
                Thanks for the socket suggestion MattG, worth trying and an extra thing for the tool kit anyway!
                At least it possibly indicates that it is the sensor that's faulty though it may require a trip to VX dealer to get sorted if I can't get the bolts off....they are in a sod of a place to reach!!

Comment

As anyone been able to fix this problem im having the same problem since fitting coilovers when plug into diagnostic comes up with this fault code ive checked both sensors on the NSF and NSR and the wires around them.

B3410
                  Automatic Headlamp Leveling Control Module front axle sensor signal circuit
                  malfunction; Automatic Headlamp Leveling Control Module Front Axle Sensor Signal
                  Circuit Short to Ground; Automatic Headlamp Leveling Control Module Front Axle
                  Sensor Signal Circuit High Voltage/Open; Automatic Headlamp Leveling Control
                  Module Front Axle Sensor Signal Circuit Performance - Signal Invalid
                  General Electrical Failures: signal invalid [Ox08]
                  Click to search for description on the Internet .. zz0.yjepr6mcvxfzz zz0.dx1ffxbxfuzz​

Comment

Try the O/S/F sensor,there's 2 on the front ( NS. And OS and one on the rear axel ( NS )

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                    X