Hill Start Assist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hill Start Assist?

on steep hills mine works ok but on low/intermediate angle slopes it's a bit hit or miss. Been a few other posts about this and just seems to be the way of the system. By contrast my wife's Fiesta is so much more predicatble/reliable.

What is this devilry you speak of? :-)

Is this model specific, never noticed anything on my 59 plate sri...

Comment

HSA should allow to stop and hold on a slope using footbrake only and keep brake applied when you release brake and apply pressure on accelerator pedal when moving off - without use of handbrake

Comment

Once you get use to it,

It actually works quite well,just remember its the revs and not the clutch!

And jdx,don't roll back into owt or I tell em on vxronline,
        sigpic

Comment

Yes,it is quite smooth,

Give jdx a chance,he's a little giddy an putting 325bhp though his auto handbrake,
          sigpic

Comment

bet he can't find his front fog light button.......................

Comment

Kervaig, on 29 May 2014 - 08:43 PM, said:
              bet he can't find his front fog light button.......................

Shhh,don't spoil it for him.

Like you did me,grrr
              sigpic

Comment

Who needs fogs lights,there for girls anyhow!

Instead we have intercoolers for our turbo,

Now that sounds 'manly'
                sigpic

Comment

You won't need fog lights when you got AFL . Back to the topic, i find it only works on steep hills. Still after 2 months not got it mastered yet.

Comment

Jdx ,why not lend your car to someone doing there driving test! See how it goes?
                    sigpic

Comment

HSA works on slopes greater than 5%.

It should activate if the car has come to a full stop and is held on the foot brake.

When the foot brake is released, the system will hold the brakes on for up to a max of 2 secs, or until acceleration is detected.
                      Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

Soon you won't even need to drive the car.

Comment

I quite enjoy using it now that I'm used to it. Always get a smooth start even just pulling away with the parking brake on its perfect each time

Comment

Thanks for this tip. I need try this out. I find on very steep hills it comes on instantly after you let go of the foot brake, but on not so steep hills not got it to work, so i'll try out your tip.

Comment

Wouldn't like to go back to a normal handbrake personally
                              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                              X