Info on New topic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on New topic.

Hi guys, Does anyone have any Info about the TPMS. Basically I purchased some New wheels for the Wife's Insignia, The old sensors where not re-useable so had to buy some new ones. The seller i brought them from on Ebay say they are the correct ones for the car, which is a good thing and will supply 4 for £126 and he will programme them has well, all he needs is the registration and once fitted they will self learn. Does this sound correct to anyone?

Originally posted by phils0_1 View Post
    Hi guys, Does anyone have any Info about the TPMS. Basically I purchased some New wheels for the Wife's Insignia, The old sensors where not re-useable so had to buy some new ones. The seller i brought them from on Ebay say they are the correct ones for the car, which is a good thing and will supply 4 for �126 and he will programme them has well, all he needs is the registration and once fitted they will self learn. Does this sound correct to anyone?
    Does not sound correct. But maybe he wants reg so can double check exact model etc. Usually you just fit and car relearns them in a few minutes driving. Sure someone will be able to confirm the correct frequency you require shortly.

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

this is the guy I've used in the past and others on here have used him too.

The reason he asks for your details, is to supply the correct sensors.
      There are different frequency sensors.
      He programs them so they work when fitted - no other reason he takes your details

​​​​​​There are others on eBay......these for example,

Are cheaper, and look identical to the OEM sensors, but I can't comment on them.

As long as you buy 433mhz sensors, then you should be ok.

Comment

Wonder if that's why maybe why mine are playing silly beggers

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
          Wonder if that's why maybe why mine are playing silly beggers

I bought a full set from him and he programmed them.....4 days from buying to delivery.
          fitted and no issues at all bud

Comment

Not sure where I got mine but over a year ago. They all scan as working but car won't recognise them. To be fair the car was doing that with the old sensors when I put wheels back on a couple of years back and 3 of them were still sending signal so it's maybe the sensor on the car.

Comment

Not sure where I got mine but over a year ago. They all scan as working but car won't recognise them. To be fair the car was doing that with the old sensors when I put wheels back on a couple of years back and 3 of them were still sending signal so it's maybe the sensor on the car.

It's possible.
              I know there's one sensor on the front and one on the back, but both going kaput at the same time is possible but highly unlikely eh.

But you never know.
              Just a pity you canny try other wheels with established sensors to rule out the ones on the axle.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll let you know how i get on with the sensors once i get them fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

It's possible.
                  I know there's one sensor on the front and one on the back, but both going kaput at the same time is possible but highly unlikely eh.

But you never know.
                  Just a pity you canny try other wheels with established sensors to rule out the ones on the axle.
                  Hmmm my mates insignia has working sensors.....

Mind you if I try and swap all the wheels
                  1) it will take forever
                  2) I will defo balls it up and puncture a sill or sideskirt
                  3) if that T1t gets my irmy wheels on his car for 5 mins he will be off and leave me with his atomics

Good idea though in all seriousness could be worth a shout

Comment

Hmmm my mates insignia has working sensors.....

Mind you if I try and swap all the wheels
                    1) it will take forever
                    2) I will defo balls it up and puncture a sill or sideskirt
                    3) if that T1t gets my irmy wheels on his car for 5 mins he will be off and leave me with his atomics

Good idea though in all seriousness could be worth a shout

Comment

Hi guys, sorry to jump on this thread but I'm currently having issues with new tpms.
                      Long story short, previous owner fitted aluminium dust caps which corroded to valve stems and I sheared one off trying to remove it so decided to replace all 4.
                      I ordered a set, (correct part number for my vehicle), and had them fitted, they seemed to take quite a while to sort themselves out especially the rear drivers side but then after a while it would show up an intermittent fault with that particular one, sometimes it was ok but then it would show up as not working, so with the mot due next month I assumed it may have been a faulty one so replaced with another brand new sensor, (same part number, same brand).
                      That one seemed to find itself fairly quickly but now the error has moved to the rear passenger side sensor but surely that one can't be faulty too?
                      What is the correct procedure to get them to work? I am told by several Insignia owners that they are self learning so no programming required and just a case of popping them in and driving for a bit so they connect to the sensor box, (or whatever it's called), which will determine which wheel they are on then start showing a pressure reading on the display.
                      Is there a particular way of driving to get them to "learn" properly?
                      Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi bigian41, I recently had my TPMS sensors changed and had no issue, however i did follow the guide and drove at around 30MPH until they learned, Since then they have been fine. have you double checked your tyre pressures also, don't replace the whole sensor, if you brought ones where you can replace the valve stem, try that however, if you follow this thread back you will see the ones i purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by bigian41 View Post
                          Hi guys, sorry to jump on this thread but I'm currently having issues with new tpms.
                          Long story short, previous owner fitted aluminium dust caps which corroded to valve stems and I sheared one off trying to remove it so decided to replace all 4.
                          I ordered a set, (correct part number for my vehicle), and had them fitted, they seemed to take quite a while to sort themselves out especially the rear drivers side but then after a while it would show up an intermittent fault with that particular one, sometimes it was ok but then it would show up as not working, so with the mot due next month I assumed it may have been a faulty one so replaced with another brand new sensor, (same part number, same brand).
                          That one seemed to find itself fairly quickly but now the error has moved to the rear passenger side sensor but surely that one can't be faulty too?
                          What is the correct procedure to get them to work? I am told by several Insignia owners that they are self learning so no programming required and just a case of popping them in and driving for a bit so they connect to the sensor box, (or whatever it's called), which will determine which wheel they are on then start showing a pressure reading on the display.
                          Is there a particular way of driving to get them to "learn" properly?
                          Thanks in advance
                          The sensor would be fine....you only needed to replace the stem. The stems are separate and designed to be replaced so you don't have to fork out for the complete unit.

Stems are around £4 each mate.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post

The sensor would be fine....you only needed to replace the stem. The stems are separate and designed to be replaced so you don't have to fork out for the complete unit.

Stems are around £4 each mate.
                            I wasn't aware at the time that just the stem could be replaced but worth bearing in mind for the future.
                            My problem is just trying to get them all to register at the same time, several owners have mentioned driving around at around 30mph ish until they've "taught" themselves how to work so I'll give that a go to start with.
                            Basically all 4 are brand new and one of them, after eventually learning, decided to stop functioning so I was given a free replacement which now works fine but the other rear is now not giving a reading.

Comment

Working...
                            X