My 09 2.0T 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 09 2.0T 4x4

Morning lads, thought I'd start a thread on my car and planned mods with pics as and when I do them. So I have a preface 2009 2.0t 4x4 with 93k. She's a good runner but I've had quite a few issues with her as some of you will know.
    So far I've sorted the haldex unit, rebuilt engine due to oil pump failure and changed clutch and dmf.
    Mod wise so far I've uprated turbo core and fitted decat Astra j vxr decat primary and secondary 3" exhaust and changed front grill to mesh style one.
    I have powder coated my wheels but will need to do them again as over got a bit of curb rash but next time I will be fitting 255 instead of 245.
    I've got a few mods planned:

Remap, Vxr brakes, e85 injectors from Astra j vxr (slightly bigger), infinity amp and speakers, flat bottomed steering wheel, front and rear splitter, rear roof spoiler, bigger tailgate spoiler (irmscher style), short shifter and cat back 3" stainless system.

Phil

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Attached Files

Your right exhaust looks longer than the other in that pic. Surly an illusion?
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

It's about time you started your own car threAd MRI iceman Sir
      looking lovely !

45-(6 black magic box !

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post

Your right exhaust looks longer than the other in that pic. Surly an illusion?
        Well spotted but no not an illusion. Someone had bodged the exhaust underneath so it's pushed it at an angle but it's all good now as that's an old photo. She's filth at the moment hence no new pictures. Working so many hours and with two kids I rarely get any time

Comment

Comment

Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman205 View Post
              Well spotted but no not an illusion. Someone had bodged the exhaust underneath so it's pushed it at an angle but it's all good now as that's an old photo. She's filth at the moment hence no new pictures. Working so many hours and with two kids I rarely get any time

I know that feeling pal

Comment

Any advance on the injector plan mate? I've had a similar idea for quite some time

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                  Any advance on the injector plan mate? I've had a similar idea for quite some time
                  Not yet pal, gonna look at doing it over Christmas. Just waiting for another 20% on eBay and then I'm gonna order them up. Until I've had a remap I don't think I will see any difference but the astra injectors flow 14% better. As it goes they put them in the insignia after a while but as mines 09 it will have the earlier ones.

Comment

Bosch green giant 465cc injectors with loom .
                    and it will go like a pineapple up your bottom !

34-57 the man from Delmontie says yes yes yes !

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman205 View Post
                      Not yet pal, gonna look at doing it over Christmas. Just waiting for another 20% on eBay and then I'm gonna order them up. Until I've had a remap I don't think I will see any difference but the astra injectors flow 14% better. As it goes they put them in the insignia after a while but as mines 09 it will have the earlier ones.

You sound like me wioth the Ebay discounts Keen to know your thoughts and I've noticed they can be had for cheaper than the original from Autodoc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                        Bosch green giant 465cc injectors with loom .
                        and it will go like a pineapple up your bottom !

34-57 the man from Delmontie says yes yes yes !
                        Well that sounds erm....tempting

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post

You sound like me wioth the Ebay discounts Keen to know your thoughts and I've noticed they can be had for cheaper than the original from Autodoc etc.
                          Autodoc has got them for £70 for Bosch ones where's eBay is selling them for £52 through a seller called 'carpartsinmotion'. Bought stuff of them before and all good. The green giants would be nice but there not direct unfortunately. I read on another thread you got a calibra? Love them cars, doing much to it?

Comment

Was the front grill easy to fit

Comment

Originally posted by L33MC View Post
                              Was the front grill easy to fit
                              It wasn't too bad, it's a bumper off job (or half off if your very careful)
                              There's 4 or 6 bolts along the top and 3 on both wheel arches and a few clips underneath if I remember right. The pain was prying out the old grill without snapping the tabs. I changed over the chrome lip to the new grill too and this was a bit fiddly too with the tabs but time and patience prevailed.
                              Be sure your getting the right one wether it be preface or facelift as they are different.

Comment

Working...
                              X