New Person/Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's nice,

now you mention performance filter could it be induction noise you are hearing? I had a pipercross foam filter fitted once it was quite noticeable. A K&N is quieter. Still worth checking all those hoses though

Comment

Regards to the extra power.....I personally prefer the remap.

Comment

Is there any major differences Between the two Do you know?

Comment

Well I do have a pipercross so I'm wondering if that could be it now, it doesn't feel down on power either, I will investigate further, thank you

Comment

Originally posted by MikeSignia View Post
            Is there any major differences Between the two Do you know?
            Yeah the remap is permanent or it is unless you undo it and go back to standard.
            The box plugs in and basically tricks the ECU.

Comment

Hi Mike,

Love car!
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Tally Ho and welcome to the parallel parking universe known as the insignia drivers ok forum Mikesignia
                That hissing sound is because you have the ultra exclusive Australian version.
                They were built in the " outback " at a place called Wallawallamando
                There was a designer there that decided that they could up the anti by employing snakes to advance and retard the ignition by putting them under the bonnet , and with your foot on the throttle,there pointy tongue would do the work .
                Unfortunately they would get a bit hacked off and would hiss now and again esp when changing gear .
                Come service time they got the late great Steve Irwin to oink them out !
                Many an episode of his series showed him with a big pointy stick prodding them and squealing in an Aussie Accent " cool look at this big beauty "
                Unfortunately with his sad demise they recalled them all and replaced the snakes with armadillos
                But yours slipped through the net , hence the hiss!
                Best option, email Bear Grills .he cooks a mean spaghetti with them .
                Or option 2 Run away !
                Or check your air filter if it's a after market affair.
                Remap cancels out the use of an armadillo or snake
                But be warned if the clutch history is unknown then it can lead to slipping.
                And i don't know what power output you have but if it's the 140 and fitted with the M32 gearbox it can lead to failure of internals if early version
                If 160 then it will have the F40 gearbox that can handle the increase .
                Happy motoring
                And don't open that bonnet!

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Amazing! will bare all that in mind! I do have the 160hp and a pipercross filter

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                    Tally Ho and welcome to the parallel parking universe known as the insignia drivers ok forum Mikesignia
                    That hissing sound is because you have the ultra exclusive Australian version.
                    They were built in the " outback " at a place called Wallawallamando
                    There was a designer there that decided that they could up the anti by employing snakes to advance and retard the ignition by putting them under the bonnet , and with your foot on the throttle,there pointy tongue would do the work .
                    Unfortunately they would get a bit hacked off and would hiss now and again esp when changing gear .
                    Come service time they got the late great Steve Irwin to oink them out !
                    Many an episode of his series showed him with a big pointy stick prodding them and squealing in an Aussie Accent " cool look at this big beauty "
                    Unfortunately with his sad demise they recalled them all and replaced the snakes with armadillos
                    But yours slipped through the net , hence the hiss!
                    Best option, email Bear Grills .he cooks a mean spaghetti with them .
                    Or option 2 Run away !
                    Or check your air filter if it's a after market affair.
                    Remap cancels out the use of an armadillo or snake
                    But be warned if the clutch history is unknown then it can lead to slipping.
                    And i don't know what power output you have but if it's the 140 and fitted with the M32 gearbox it can lead to failure of internals if early version
                    If 160 then it will have the F40 gearbox that can handle the increase .
                    Happy motoring
                    And don't open that bonnet!
                    Jeezuz fecking krist.....am away for some prozac

Paul.......What an imagination you have.....
                    Last edited by RBH; 08-03-2020, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Careful checking those hoses. If you count more than five RUN.....

Comment

I'll be very careful not to wake those damp hoses up! I take it the intercooler is the nest!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeSignia View Post
                          I'll be very careful not to wake those damp hoses up! I take it the intercooler is the nest!
                          Don't tell lizzard-t there's a nest..... he'll come looking for the eggs

Comment

I hope they don't spread to the inlet

Comment

Did you get the hiss before the cone filter?
                              Does your car struggle to go up hills even on the motorway?

Comment

Not a cone filter it's a foam pipercross that's the same dimensions of the stock filter as to fit in the stock air box, now I don't seem to recall if it did hiss or not before the filter change but there is no power difference I can notice and I do live up a mountain haha

Comment

Working...
                                X