Totally Confused, looking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
    If the one you're looking at has them, chances are if they were a factory option it will have front ones too.
    Cheers Marko,

I've just paid a deposit on this car, they are having it sent down from Nuneaton to my local dealership in Aldershot (7 miles down the road) so i can test drive it and if i like it it's mine for £10904.00 which includes £99 Admin fee and then £30 fuel.

They offered me 1yr warranty for £399 and 2yrs for £649, but i declined those options, it should be good at not even 3 yrs old and 34K on the clock, I've checked with DVLA and it's confirmed one owner from new, first registered 28/07/2017

It looks black but is apparently dark moon blue, also it's not been valeted yet, which they are doing tomorrow before putting on the transporter.

Comment

Originally posted by CTID Hants View Post
      Cheers Marko,

I've just paid a deposit on this car, they are having it sent down from Nuneaton to my local dealership in Aldershot (7 miles down the road) so i can test drive it and if i like it it's mine for £10904.00 which includes £99 Admin fee and then £30 fuel.

They offered me 1yr warranty for £399 and 2yrs for £649, but i declined those options, it should be good at not even 3 yrs old and 34K on the clock, I've checked with DVLA and it's confirmed one owner from new, first registered 28/07/2017

It looks black but is apparently dark moon blue, also it's not been valeted yet, which they are doing tomorrow before putting on the transporter.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...levance&page=1
      Nice colour Dark Moon Blue.

Good news is you have front and rear parking sensors. I just saw the sensors in the front bumper. Keyless entry and start too. It's got all the things as standard that were dropped later like rear privacy glass and you should have the front scuff plates on the door sills.

Re PM. No I'm afraid you won't be able to answer lizard if he PM's you. Not sure you will receive a pm either. You're nearly there though keep posting. You'll soon hit the required 50.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Actually. Yours will have everything mine has in my signature except the 18" wheels. Ignore OnStar though. That comes to an end in December this year so pointless you activating it.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
          Actually. Yours will have everything mine has in my signature except the 18" wheels. Ignore OnStar though. That comes to an end in December this year so pointless you activating it.
          Thanks again, i thought it had sensors but i couldn't see in the description or spec which is really good as i always reverse into parking spaces, so will be handy whilst i get used to the size etc. Yes i know about the Onstar thing so won't be bothering with that.

Hopefully the keyless entry and start won't make it vulnerable to being nicked, having read about all this cloning car theft, or is this technology different/safer than the likes of BMW and Range Rovers you hear about?

The Moon Blue bit must be an Omen, as i'm a Man City fan LOL

I better like the drive of it after all this, i've not actually been in an Insignia B let alone driven one!!!

I must remember to take my USB cable so i can check the Android Auto works all ok.

Comment

Looks nice I keep my key fob away from my front door in a tin! (Same with the spare) They can be nicked, but as it's not a Golf R you're probably alright. I do like keyless though, even though I always thought it was a gimmick!

Comment

I keep my keys in pouches, if I'm going away I will take it with me.

Had mine 2 years now with out any probs, and cheap enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                Looks nice I keep my key fob away from my front door in a tin! (Same with the spare) They can be nicked, but as it's not a Golf R you're probably alright. I do like keyless though, even though I always thought it was a gimmick!
                I best eat some mushy peas to empty the tins #

Comment

Originally posted by Nickmagic View Post
                  I keep my keys in pouches, if I'm going away I will take it with me.

Had mine 2 years now with out any probs, and cheap enough.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323880207802
                  Thanks Nick,

Now that's an idea, do you have to take it out of the pouch to start the car? Sorry if a dumb arse question!!

Comment

Thanks Nick,

Now that's an idea, do you have to take it out of the pouch to start the car? Sorry if a dumb arse question!!
                    Not a dumb question at all. Yes for the car to start it has to be out of the pouch. The pouch works on a faraday cage principle so no signals in or out. I was very sceptical about them at first given the price (£9 each from VX), but when I got it I popped a key in the pouch and tried to open the car and it wouldn't so that's good enough for me.

Comment

Not a dumb question at all. Yes for the car to start it has to be out of the pouch. The pouch works on a faraday cage principle so no signals in or out. I was very sceptical about them at first given the price (£9 each from VX), but when I got it I popped a key in the pouch and tried to open the car and it wouldn't so that's good enough for me.
                      Brilliant, will be the first thing i buy after my test drive all being well, got all excited as they said early next week and the missus reminded me it's bank holiday Monday #:-(

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Brilliant, will be the first thing i buy after my test drive all being well, got all excited as they said early next week and the missus reminded me it's bank holiday Monday #:-(

Cheers

Ian
                        We had planned to be down your way this weekend visiting friends for bank holiday.

Comment

That's a lovely specked insignia B MR CDTI Hants .
                          Super duper collar as well .
                          To pump,up,to 50 put some pictures up,of carrots or mushy pees !
                          10-4 Rubber woman but don't give her a love bite ,or she will brake wind and fly around the room!

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

We had planned to be down your way this weekend visiting friends for bank holiday.
                            Whereabouts?

We were supposed to be in Budleigh Salterton (Devon) at my sisters place for her 60th Birthday, normally about 25 of us plus the odd GF & BF, from our Mum whose 88 down to the youngest of 5 great grandchildren aged 3.

Instead we are having a zoom call with tea and scones from our garden, these video calls get messy with people who don't have regular video calls in work

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Whereabouts?

We were supposed to be in Budleigh Salterton (Devon) at my sisters place for her 60th Birthday, normally about 25 of us plus the odd GF & BF, from our Mum whose 88 down to the youngest of 5 great grandchildren aged 3.

Instead we are having a zoom call with tea and scones from our garden, these video calls get messy with people who don't have regular video calls in work

Cheers

Ian
                              I'm originally from just out side Portsmouth, so we generally try and get down once a month to see friends.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                                That's a lovely specked insignia B MR CDTI Hants .
                                Super duper collar as well .
                                To pump,up,to 50 put some pictures up,of carrots or mushy pees !
                                10-4 Rubber woman but don't give her a love bite ,or she will brake wind and fly around the room!
                                They dropped the price by £750 yesterday, so decided not to hang around, they agreed to ship it Aldershot (7 minutes drive from my house) where i already have a test route mapped out which has some town roads, country lanes and two stretches of dual carriageway.

Others available on AT or Motors seem to be north of £12k , or with much bigger mileage than this and i am surprised how many late facelift A's that advertised at £12k plus too

Not ignoring you on the 9-3, i am going to wash it tomorrow as its been sat for months on my drive, i did go out and start it this evening expecting a flat battery but it started ok. Currently looks like it was in desert storm Ha Ha

Cheers

Ian

Comment

Working...
                                X