Auto lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto lighting

Morning all. My headlights seem to please themselves when in auto, they stay on even in bright sunlight, then go off after I return to the car after driving, then come on again and then go off and stay off, then drls kick in. Is the sensitivity adjustable, or is it the nature of the vehicle. This is not always the case, usually they'll react to light conditions and function properly, then problem reoccurs. Any thoughts would be appreciated... I'm running with auto function off, but drls don't run in this mode. Not a major issue, but get flashed occasionally by other drivers..

sounds like there could be a problem with the little sensor that sits on the dashboard,

(the one that flashes red when the car is alarmed), maybe you could look at replacing it...

Last edited by Langy; 08-01-2018, 03:17 PM. Reason: additional info
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
      sounds like there could be a problem with the little sensor that sits on the dashboard,

(the one that flashes red when the car is alarmed), maybe you could look at replacing it...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-...-/191656295034
      What year is the car?

Comment

Originally posted by JVCElite View Post
        What year is the car?
        2011my

Comment

Is it hard to fit the sensor, and do drls not function when auto lighting is turned off?. I'll take a look at the sensor tomorrow, maybe a wipe may help.

Comment

As far as i can remember, i seem to think DRL's run completely separately from the main headlights / sensor set up...could be wrong though..

i think you have to remove the trim panel that the sensor sits in.. there is a video of this (granted it's on either an Astra or a Corsa, but it's roughly the same set up)..on you tube, but i'll be damned if i can remember how i found it..
            Chris

Comment

My Drls definitely do not work if my headlights are turned off. They only run when in auto lighting mode. I would have thought that drls ran permanently, regardless of whether the headlights were on or off. My sons focus st works fine. Could the drl bulbs be fitted the wrong way round.???? As they are a dual filament.. The thing is that they work fine on auto, but don't illuminate when lights aren't in auto... Strange one this..

Comment

I think it's an age thing,my 60 plate,the drls could be turned off altogether by turning the light switch to the left ,my 13 siggy now,I can't,they're on all the time.
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I would have thought the DRLs should work without lights being on , or what is the point of them ( they are there to be on in daylight hence they are called DRL )
                  It it possible to fit them the wrong way around even they have offset pins from what. I remember .

Comment

Originally posted by Lff64 View Post
                    I would have thought the DRLs should work without lights being on , or what is the point of them ( they are there to be on in daylight hence they are called DRL )
                    It it possible to fit them the wrong way around even they have offset pins from what. I remember .
                    They do,by default,but on my older Sig they could be turned off with one turn to the left of the light switch,,present one they won't turn off at all
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Cheers fellas, that's got the drl issue wrapped up. I work 12hour shifts, so not seeing any daylight I'll have to wait for a day off to sort the auto lighting out...

Comment

Had a quick look at the auto lighting sensor, which way is the red light meant to face. Mine is facing towards the cars interior, surely this would cause a problem with picking up daylight, I would have thought it faced towards the windscreen. Is it the actual red light that works as the sensor as well as the alarm active warning..

Comment

Arfa, i'm sure it should face outwards .toward the road,
                          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
                            Arfa, i'm sure it should face outwards .toward the road,
                            Strange that, my saab faced towards the road. Logic tells me that to pick up or sense something, you should point towards it. Maybe it's fitted 180 degrees out. Need to do some more investigating before I tackle it. Does anyone know how to remove it if this is the case.

Comment

sorry buddy, my mistake,

i've just checked and the red light IS pointing into the car..
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X