Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia 2L SIDI turbo MPG

Hi all.

Well having the focus ST since December just don`t like it so looking to chop it in for a 2L sidi turbo what are you guys who have one think of it and average MPG. I will be doing 90% motorway to and from work so and input will be great.

cheers

Power delivery is very smoothe and more than adequate for my needs but don't know how it would compare with the ST. Overtaking is an absolute breeze and can even be done at motorway speeds in 3rd!!! Another member on here as had theirs mapped at Celtic Tuning so power would be even more awesome. I have averaged 33mpg over 14K and 2 years of ownership.
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

On motorways I can touch 60 mpg at 60-70 mph as long as you are not too heavy on the go go pedal.
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
        On motorways I can touch 60 mpg at 60-70 mph as long as you are not too heavy on the go go pedal.

Not in a 2 litre turbo petrol ,you can't,as was the question
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Scrub that then.
          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi Mr_FX

Had mine a few weeks now (I'm the one with the Celtic Tuning remap btw).

We (me & the wife) are currently getting 21-23mpg.

Before you fall off your seat please read on.
            My dearest only travels 3-4 miles to work every day and we haven't really been anywhere of a decent distance yet.

Our 56 plate Vectra turbo (petrol & remapped) used to return 18-19mpg on an average 'work' week.
            The 09 plate oil burner siggy (sri 160) had after the Vectra gave us 25-27mpg.

Admittedly not much to work with for your decision but it still paints a positive picture for the new car in terms of economy in my opinion.

On the 150 mile trip home after I bought it doing 75-85 on the motorway and a steady pace 50-75 on the A road home for the last 40 miles I got around 36mpg.

We are off up to Inverness next weekend for a few days so, that will give me a better indication for your requirements.

I'll post again when we get back.

Stacker

Comment

Any update after your trip???
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                Any update after your trip???
                Still here mate, just about to hit the bright lights of Inverness for a night out.
                On the trip up I kept it around 80meh up to Perth.
                Then average speed cameras for all 100+ miles to Inverness.
                So it was 52, 62, 72, etc.
                285 miles later we arrived with an average of just over 40nog 😁
                Done anther 150 miles today including going round loch ness (quite a bit of single track roads) and we're now at just over 38mpg.
                I'll post again when we get home tomorrow

Stacker.

Comment

Thanks Stacker, enjoy your trip and safe journey

Comment

Back home now with over 700 miles clocked up, phew!

Oh, and an empty wallet after last night!

Came back the scenic route via Fort William on the A82 to Glasgow.
                    Brilliant road with some superb views.
                    Up and down the gears a bit & plenty of 60-75 sections too.
                    Kept it just above 80 on the M74 apart from standing on the brakes coming over a crest into the view of a safety camera van about 3/4 of a mile away. Cruised past in the mid/high 70s with the rest of the traffic so fingers crossed.

Anyway overall average for the trip was 38.4mpg so I am a happy bunny.

Stacker.

Comment

I really cannot understand you , guys, talking about mpg at petrol cars, except the case when it does 5 mpg = defective! If mpg is the main subject there's diesel available to pick. What's the use of having 250 bhp when you only use it twice in a lifetime, and the rest of it you drove it at 1300 rpm ending with a clogged cat, turbo starving of oil, oil pump and water pump being barely able to push fluid into motor? Do you think that Vauxhall will give you a medal when youprove that the car drinks less than they already lied about? A petrol car should not be driven under 2000 rpm, except in 1st gear. Put some life in it, for fun's sake! If you ask me , that AF40 gearbox is wrongly designed to keep the rpm under 2000 rpm even in sport mode! Luckily the motor is a reliable one, else... And all this is coming from a calm driver, but one that hits 5000 rpm when is needed!

Comment

Originally posted by lbanias View Post
                        I really cannot understand you , guys, talking about mpg at petrol cars, except the case when it does 5 mpg = defective! If mpg is the main subject there's diesel available to pick. What's the use of having 250 bhp when you only use it twice in a lifetime, and the rest of it you drove it at 1300 rpm ending with a clogged cat, turbo starving of oil, oil pump and water pump being barely able to push fluid into motor? Do you think that Vauxhall will give you a medal when youprove that the car drinks less than they already lied about? A petrol car should not be driven under 2000 rpm, except in 1st gear. Put some life in it, for fun's sake! If you ask me , that AF40 gearbox is wrongly designed to keep the rpm under 2000 rpm even in sport mode! Luckily the motor is a reliable one, else... And all this is coming from a calm driver, but one that hits 5000 rpm when is needed!
                        Sorry to but in but surely a diesel is more expensive to run over short journeys as it dont have time to warm up then you will get a blocked DPF? Tbh I would rather spend the money on fuel and have a little less MPG than have to replace the DPF... Its been proven over shorter journeys a petrol is the better option. Diesels only really come into play when you start doing long drives daily or over around 13k miles a year..

Comment

Diesel = low fuel costs high maintenance costs, Petrol = high fuel costs low maintenance costs, savings on fuel with diesel will be spent on DPF, Glow-plugs, etc, ten years 100,000 miles diesel will work out far more expensive to run than petrol, been there, diesel should be left where they belong lorries buses boats.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustyone View Post
                            Diesel = low fuel costs high maintenance costs, Petrol = high fuel costs low maintenance costs, savings on fuel with diesel will be spent on DPF, Glow-plugs, etc, ten years 100,000 miles diesel will work out far more expensive to run than petrol, been there, diesel should be left where they belong lorries buses boats.

What a load of shite
                            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                              What a load of shite
                              Well proven shite.

Comment

Working...
                              X