Driving in the snow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving in the snow

Driving cautiously to and from work in the snow and ice over the past couple of days, and noticed a lot of "TWATS", who want to tailgate or overtake at speed. WHY.... witnessed some young doughnut undercut a car last night and promptly spin out of control then end up kerbing his beloved Peugeot, ******* ha ha... Bent wheel axle and loss of front bumper.... Oh well, might think a bit next time..

To many twats out there I’m afraid....I haven’t driven my car at all partly because I’m on a hill and secondly I don’t want some noob to drive into my new car. I am lucky as i work for a fire service so i can go and work from a local station if i need too so doing just that

Comment

Its not so bad up here in Chesterfield with only the smaller side roads a bit iffy, most of the main roads are fine. That said i can walk to work in 20 mins so havent bothered using the car partly as i couldnt be bothered to clear the snow off it and partly because whilst the roads were fine once i would be off our side road the car park at work would be a bit iffy and we have a load of young kids working the first line desks who will probably come speeding in running late and end up smashing into something.

Due to rain tomorrow here so that will clear the car before i need too!

Comment

Ditto branso back to normal tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
          Driving cautiously to and from work in the snow and ice over the past couple of days, and noticed a lot of "TWATS", who want to tailgate or overtake at speed. WHY.... witnessed some young doughnut undercut a car last night and promptly spin out of control then end up kerbing his beloved Peugeot, ******* ha ha... Bent wheel axle and loss of front bumper.... Oh well, might think a bit next time..
          I have to say my elite st had been excellent in these conditions. Very reassuring as long as it's driven with respect for the conditions and a lot of anticipation

Comment

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
            Ditto branso back to normal tomorrow
            Just in time for us to drive over to Scarborough for the weekend on Saturday morning. Could have been interesting on the bit over the top going from Howden to Scarborough. Was up there once coming back one evening and car was showing -12c!

Originally posted by JVCElite View Post
            I have to say my elite st had been excellent in these conditions. Very reassuring as long as it's driven with respect for the conditions and a lot of anticipation
            When i have used mine in the snow its never let me down.....remember digging it out once for an important mission to fetch milk and a 10 litre box of real ale from the local brewery we had sorted for a few nights away over new year. Car made it there and back with the added bonus that leaving the box of ale in the car overnight chilled it nicely!!

Comment

The Siggy is honestly not that bad in the snow if you drive it tidy and drive to the conditions.

My Tyre Pressure Sensors were all showing this morning though when I got in the car at -7 haha

Comment

The insignia is front heavy like audi’s this applies more weight over the front wheels making them better in snow and for high speed stability than say a bmw

Comment

the traction control and stability control work pretty well when you drive sensibly, counters any wheel spin pretty well
                  its only when you drive like a **** that the back end will spin out or wheel spin all over the place
                  also good tyres help, i know they are expensive especially on the larger wheel sizes but that extra money spent is good insurance, a few metres in stopping distance is the difference between stopping in time or losing the front of your car or your legs or your life etc
                  the downside of stopping too quick is the **** that's tailgating you will end up rear ending your car

Comment

No problems with mine it is what it is made for 4x4 and all season tyres M+S 60% on Road 40% off road
                    On.y bad thing is the build up between the wheel and wheel/arch mudflaps grunching when turning the wheels

Comment

Drove back from France just over a week ago. On the motorway getting near to Limoges it started snowing hard and where it had turned to slush due to cars driving over itthe slush was freezing to the road resulting in a slippery surface. Whilst the motorway has two lanes only the inside lane was being used and the cars travelling slowly until a few idiots decided that they could zip by these slow cars by getting in to the outside lane and putting their foot down. We crept along slowly for a while until the overhead gantries carried warnings of an accident a little further on. Eventually we came to a stop and sat there for three hours......wonder if one of the outside flyers was involved.

Comment

Working...
                      X