Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infotainment system/Info display fuse 4 keeps blowing

Hi all,

This is my first thread so I hope its under the right topic. I have a 2011 Opel Insignia 2.0 cdti ecoflex elite.

Last week my battery was dead when I went to start it on a cold morning, I knew the battery was struggling a bit with the cold weather and needs replacing.

So I went to jump start my car and my father crossed the cables from a donor car causing a bit of smoke from battery due to the high rush of current. it was only connected for a couple of secs.

Anyway after switching the cables, my car started no problem but I started to find a few issues have arisen due to the crossed jump leads.

1. When I turn on the indicators they are not making the typical tick tock indicator noise. They are working 100% just not making noise.

2. Parking assist is not working; displacing service parking assist.

3. Radio/vehicle display is not working. I press to turn on the radio and the display lights up for a split second.

I have checked a good few fuses and they were ok, except for Infotainment system/Info display fuse 4 in the glove box which keeps blowing when I put in a new fuse.

Has anyone experienced this before or have an idea what might be causing these issues?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try disconnecting the battery for 30 mins to see if that resets the electrical system
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Done what you said but no joy unfortunately. Still having the same issues. Tried putting in the fuse again but the spades on the fuse were sparking when I tried to insert it into the slot. I don't mind bringing it to an automotive electrician but rather fix it myself if it was an easy fix.

Comment

I have same issue did u get a fix for this

Comment

I've got exactly the same issue

Comment

Thread is 2 years old....and it looks like the OP has done what a lot do.....just join up to get the answer to a problem, never to return.....either to tell us it was sorted or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherlee View Post
              I've got exactly the same issue
              What year is your car? If it keeps blowing your radio is goosed and needs a new one programmed in

Comment

Thanks for the reply.. it's a 2015 facelift. I'm going to try it in the morning with the stereo unplugged and see what it does.. I managed to get itbworkig for a few mins earlier before it blew again

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherlee View Post
                  Thanks for the reply.. it's a 2015 facelift. I'm going to try it in the morning with the stereo unplugged and see what it does.. I managed to get itbworkig for a few mins earlier before it blew again
                  Could I have a little background info? What was you doing when the radio went off? Have you tried disconnecting the battery? Are the fuses still blowing? Do you have any errors pop up on the dash?

Comment

Of course, any help is really appreciated. The car is a completely standard VXline.. I've never messed round with it.
                    Over the festive period I got in it one morning and the screen was blank.. so I did the standard fuse check and found that fuse 5 was blown in the glovebox. As soon as I try to replace it, I get an ark and it blows straight away - the unusual part is that I think its draing battery voltage too - I put a brand new battery on the car today and it's still exactly the same.
                    This afternoon I've taken the infotainment system out, and stripped the dash.. no loose connections, no furring in any connector blocks.. all looks clean and untampered with.. really scratching my head with this one.. love the car but its testing me...

Comment

What year is it?

Comment

2015 vxline facelift

Comment

Do you still get warning chimes? Indicator sounds? Parking sensors still work?

Comment

Yes, no faults on dash either

Comment

Does the radio still play even though the screen is off is fuse 1 and 4 okay? Sounds like the screen is broken
                              Last edited by Lewish; 16-01-2020, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X