2.0cdti sri cambelt gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0cdti sri cambelt gone

So i was travelling back to work on the m6 earlier in the middle lane when all of a sudden engine cut out with a message on the dash saying service ESP so i pulled over on the hard shoulder and tried to start it again but nothing, breakdown came out and his machine said egr valve but he checked that and the pipe which was ok, he then took the cover off the belt which showed it was off the cogs and he pulled it out through the cover about 4 inches..... whats peoples advice on here on what to do ? Mileage is 152 thousand 09 plate

So the belt has snapped ? Or been thrown off ?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

bloody Vauxhall eh,

the Wife's Corsa has a bloody 1.0l engine and has cam chains, mine is a 2.0l and like so many other has a bloody rubber band controlling some of the most critical bits of the engine....
      Chris

Comment

I dont know what to do

Comment

Get it in to a good Mechanic ...probably valves bent or you are very fortunate .

Comment

Originally posted by umfaan View Post
            Get it in to a good Mechanic ...probably valves bent or you are very fortunate .
            The engine just cut out and there was no banging or clanging, with it being the weekend now im stuffed, but its being picked up monday sometime

Comment

Certainly, some of the older Vx engines did no damage when the cam belt snapped,do not know about more modern engines.

Comment

Don't know about the Insignia But on my OMEGA if the cam/timing belt went it would write off the engine, Bent Valves, holed pistons, crack cylinder head, change it every 30,000
                Changed my last Insignia belt at 80,000 or there abouts.
                Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Can someone shed any light on their cambelt going, iv spoke to a few people that have said when the car cut out and there was no clanging or banging then i might be lucky and the damage wont be as bad as some are saying , 3 people iv spoke to have said when theirs went the engine was knocking really bad

Comment

It's an interfear engine so if the cam belt did go at motorway speeds you would expect bent valves at the very least....i've seen one with all valves bent,snapped camshaft and holed piston so it really is down to luck...

Comment

Right ok

Comment

Is it in the garage yet and what is the result.

Comment

Its going in tonight when i finish work

Comment

Originally posted by Nickosnose View Post
                            It's an interfear engine so if the cam belt did go at motorway speeds you would expect bent valves at the very least....i've seen one with all valves bent,snapped camshaft and holed piston so it really is down to luck...
                            If Baz was lucky at first, that came to nothing when he tried to restart it.
                            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
                              Can someone shed any light on their cambelt going, iv spoke to a few people that have said when the car cut out and there was no clanging or banging then i might be lucky and the damage wont be as bad as some are saying , 3 people iv spoke to have said when theirs went the engine was knocking really bad
                              I've never had a cam belt go. This link may help

Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X