Aaarrrrgh, Unbelievable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
    Don’t think the 0% includes the GS or at least that’s what we were told when buying ours.
    I’m not to sure i just saw the advert for the astra saying 0%. That said the drop in car sales and with vauxhalls drop in sales in general they’ll bite your hand off to make a sale so there’s great deals to be had if you push them, I didn’t really push hard as I’d never brought a new car before they gave me a quote i went wow and they dropped 2.5k without even blinking, still wasn’t enough so they offered me an extra £750 on my trade in fixed for 3 months whilst my car was been delivered, still said i wasn’t sure so they gave me over a £1000 in extras for free as a sweetener and that was in September

Comment

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
      I’m not to sure i just saw the advert for the astra saying 0%. That said the drop in car sales and with vauxhalls drop in sales in general they’ll bite your hand off to make a sale so there’s great deals to be had if you push them, I didn’t really push hard as I’d never brought a new car before they gave me a quote i went wow and they dropped 2.5k without even blinking, still wasn’t enough so they offered me an extra £750 on my trade in fixed for 3 months whilst my car was been delivered, still said i wasn’t sure so they gave me over a £1000 in extras for free as a sweetener and that was in September
      We almost did a deal on a GS at 0% only for a manager to come out and say the deal didn’t include the GS so they couldn’t do it. From being very close to a deal the last monthly figure they gave us was £45 a month higher! Manager then tried to explain to my other half, one of the lead accountants at a plc company, about how 0% wasn’t that great a deal based on how the deal is worked etc somehow. He also said they couldn’t do much on the GS as they were selling plenty so the offers weren’t there. I told them that was crap as the roads were hardly flooded with them at which point he changed tack and tried to push us to cars he claimed had similar boot space to the GS hatch, he didn’t even realise we wanted a Tourer, and tried to sell us an Astra estate even though they didn’t have one on site for us to look at then, which finished me off, tried to sell me a mokka as it had a decent boot!

We then walked out only for the salesman to catch as we left and said he’d speak to a different manager the following deal at which point we reached a monthly figure we were happy with including some options and a decent trade in on the old car.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        Just get one of these, Ray.
        Cheers mark

Comment

That is for an elite model with extras so it should have been £27k book price, i paid £23k including extras and the basic spec gs is only £17k book price so you could get one new for around £250 a month if not less especially with a larger deposit, SRI mid spec is probably the best compromise of spec and cost, it all depends on your trade in, your deposit and millage.
          I think I'm more attracted to pch deals.

Comment

We almost did a deal on a GS at 0% only for a manager to come out and say the deal didn’t include the GS so they couldn’t do it. From being very close to a deal the last monthly figure they gave us was £45 a month higher! Manager then tried to explain to my other half, one of the lead accountants at a plc company, about how 0% wasn’t that great a deal based on how the deal is worked etc somehow. He also said they couldn’t do much on the GS as they were selling plenty so the offers weren’t there. I told them that was crap as the roads were hardly flooded with them at which point he changed tack and tried to push us to cars he claimed had similar boot space to the GS hatch, he didn’t even realise we wanted a Tourer, and tried to sell us an Astra estate even though they didn’t have one on site for us to look at then, which finished me off, tried to sell me a mokka as it had a decent boot!

We then walked out only for the salesman to catch as we left and said he’d speak to a different manager the following deal at which point we reached a monthly figure we were happy with including some options and a decent trade in on the old car.
            Yes it’s very dependent of the sales guy/manager, wtf the astra nor mokka have big boots, the mokka isn’t much more useful than a corsa ( my dad has one), think they’re based on the old astra chassis? At least you got it sorted, the gs is the best car vauxhall have made since the carlton/senator of the late 80’s early 90’s.
            Actually the gs is bigger than both of those older executive motors

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
              I think I'm more attracted to pch deals.
              Worth going in and seeing what they offer [emoji846] You do already have a lovely car though Ray

Comment

Worth going in and seeing what they offer [emoji846] You do already have a lovely car though Ray
                Yeah. Thanks. Just keeping my eye open. Never know when there be an expensive repair and You can't beat owning a brand new car and having the new ownership feel.

Comment

Yeah. Thanks. Just keeping my eye open. Never know when there be an expensive repair and You can't beat owning a brand new car and having the new ownership feel.
                  It's not that great. Just more to worry about. It's ok having all these anti crash gadgets but they've yet to invent one that moves your parked car out of the way when a woman driver is around. I'd say sorry to women drivers but as I've been hit 3 times by them, I'm not.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

This is true and the piece of mind of a warrantee, AA cover, on-star and the extra safety you get also go along away

Comment

Yes it’s very dependent of the sales guy/manager, wtf the astra nor mokka have big boots, the mokka isn’t much more useful than a corsa ( my dad has one), think they’re based on the old astra chassis? At least you got it sorted, the gs is the best car vauxhall have made since the carlton/senator of the late 80’s early 90’s.
                      Actually the gs is bigger than both of those older executive motors
                      Mokka is useless in terms of space. Had a lift in one once and ended up in the back and at 6ft 2 I didn’t have a lot of space. Seeing as we needed something that at times will need to transport two adults, the little one in her chair, a biggish labradoodle and pram at times without even thinking ahead to times when we go away like this Friday when we are off to Scarborough for a week I’m not sure what the manager guy was talking utter rubbish saying it was ok for us. We had a couple of nights in Northumberland recently and only just got everything in the old ST. This is the first longish trip in the new one and whilst we haven’t got a Moses basket, stand and baby bath to take plus the dog cage in the boot makes the boot more useable it’s still going to be a big job packing the car properly.

Comment

Mokka is useless in terms of space. Had a lift in one once and ended up in the back and at 6ft 2 I didn’t have a lot of space. Seeing as we needed something that at times will need to transport two adults, the little one in her chair, a biggish labradoodle and pram at times without even thinking ahead to times when we go away like this Friday when we are off to Scarborough for a week I’m not sure what the manager guy was talking utter rubbish saying it was ok for us. We had a couple of nights in Northumberland recently and only just got everything in the old ST. This is the first longish trip in the new one and whilst we haven’t got a Moses basket, stand and baby bath to take plus the dog cage in the boot makes the boot more useable it’s still going to be a big job packing the car properly.
                        And its a big car the new one, yes agree the mokka is just an old astra on stilts

Comment

And its a big car the new one, yes agree the mokka is just an old astra on stilts
                          Plus I hate all this suv’s that aren’t 4x4 but just to give folk that higher ride height for no real reason.

Comment

Plus I hate all this suv’s that aren’t 4x4 but just to give folk that higher ride height for no real reason.
                            Get ya completely if you want a 4x4 get a 4x4 not a Corsa on stilts, that said my dad has a mokka as he can get in and out of it easily now he’s old and its also small to park but you could do the same in mini mpv which is all these small suv’s are.

Comment

Get ya completely if you want a 4x4 get a 4x4 not a Corsa on stilts, that said my dad has a mokka as he can get in and out of it easily now he’s old and its also small to park but you could do the same in mini mpv which is all these small suv’s are.
                              Father in law looked at one but was dismissed as he couldn’t get his golf stuff in the boot...went for a golf SV instead, thinks it’s an SV...the golf with a bigger boot!!

Comment

Father in law looked at one but was dismissed as he couldn’t get his golf stuff in the boot...went for a golf SV instead, thinks it’s an SV...the golf with a bigger boot!!
                                Not sure [emoji848] all i know is I don’t like the mokka much and they seem to be everywhere [emoji38]

Comment

Working...
                                X