Question re: passenger/kid capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re: passenger/kid capacity

My five-year-old has a good friend who he would like to take (along with a parent) to some of his favourite play areas during the summer holidays.

However, the other child's parents only have one car and that's often at work so the parent at home is car-less.
    Another problem is that the other parent will have an eight-year-old in tow in addition to their five-year-old (the 8yr old seems like a nice kid).

So does anyone know if I'm likely to be able to legally and safely get me, another parent, one eight-year-old and two five-year-olds into my Insignia?

Thanks
    Last edited by 2000rpm; 28-06-2018, 07:13 PM. Reason: clarification re: adults/children

Question re: passenger/kid capacity

You can only carry the number of people your car has seats for

Comment

Isn’t that 5?

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
        Isn’t that 5?
        Yes, me, one other adult, 1x 8yrs child, 2x 5yrs children.

Comment

The 8yo could possibly sit in the middle without a car seat. Failing that put the other adult in the middle. Two car seats in the rear and 8yo on a booster in the front.

Comment

As long as all the children can use the correct car seats then I can’t see why not

Comment

Originally posted by markinuckfield View Post
              As long as all the children can use the correct car seats then I can’t see why not
              I think that's the question. You won't fit 3 car seats in the back of most cars

Comment

Originally posted by jmagee View Post
                The 8yo could possibly sit in the middle without a car seat. Failing that put the other adult in the middle. Two car seats in the rear and 8yo on a booster in the front.
                I'm not sure the adult would want to be in the middle rear seat between two child seats.
                As for the eight-year-old, squeezing them into the middle rear seems the least difficult thing, as long as I can do it legally and safely.

Comment

I used to get a baby seat and two boosters in but since the law change where boosters need to have sides is wouldn't be possible. I doubt it but if the 8 year old is taller than 134cm he doesn't need to use a booster. The other option would be to have one of the children ride in the front on their booster and the parent squeezing in between the other two children on their boosters.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
                    I'm not sure the adult would want to be in the middle rear seat between two child seats.
                    As for the eight-year-old, squeezing them into the middle rear seems the least difficult thing, as long as I can do it legally and safely.
                    Oh Logo beat me to it.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                      I used to get a baby seat and two boosters in but since the law change where boosters need to have sides is wouldn't be possible. I doubt it but if the 8 year old is taller than 134cm he doesn't need to use a booster. The other option would be to have one of the children ride in the front on their booster and the parent squeezing in between the other two children on their boosters.
                      Thanks.
                      Yes, the law keeps changing and child seats are bulky things, but having said that an Insignia is a fairly wide car.
                      The 8yr old does seem to be unusually tall so maybe I can do it legally without a child seat in the middle rear. I'll look into that.

Comment

Oh Logo beat me to it.
                        I take offense at that!

Comment

Oh Logo beat me to it.

Hope your not insinuating I’d comment on squeezing in the rear with an 8 year old and if it’s legal...
                          sigpic

Comment

Fit one of them in the boot and tell 'em its a game of hide and seek
                            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
                            X