Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intellilink Music Browsing

Please can somebody help me

I have a Vauxhall Insignia Elite 2015. I can connect my phone no problem and play music via spotify, youtube etc. but there is no option to browse unless I go on my phone

Now a friend used to have a 2011 Insignia and he had the option to browse through albums, playlist etc. but for some reason my newer model doesn't seem to have

Any suggestions?

You have to create play list on the device.
    For example by using media player on pc .
    Add all music in to the players than save playlist as m3u on that device as i remember.

Comment

Thank you for replying, however I don't think this is the reason. He played his directly through Apple music (streaming) and when I even try to physically plug an iPod classic in via aux I still do not have the browse option.

Comment

So you don't have AA or CP. You should be able to browse your phone through Bluetooth, even your online stuff. Just give the system time to index it all, especially if you have a large music collection.
        If you are using Spotify through an aux cable it won't be possible to search via the dash.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
          So you don't have AA or CP. You should be able to browse your phone through Bluetooth, even your online stuff. Just give the system time to index it all, especially if you have a large music collection.
          If you are using Spotify through an aux cable it won't be possible to search via the dash.
          If the phone is plugged in with a cable to the USB port or bluetooth it should allow you to browse the music etc. Its only if its plugged in with a 3.5mm cable from headphone port to an aux socket that you cant.

On the Intellilnk 4 system in my GS to browse music you press the Menu button bottom right or press on the image on the right to get to the lists of stuff. When i do that with my iPhone plugged in it takes me to a menu listing Playlists, Albums, Artists i think.

Comment

Thanks for your replies, still no luck unfortunately though. Had the car three months and if has never changed. I will post a YouTube video tonight showing the options around on the screen maybe I am missing something? Will try both Bluetooth and aux too

Comment

Yeh may be better if we can have a pic of what you see on screen.

The only time you need to create a playlist for it to work is if you plug a USB stick in. If you are playing music from your phone then it should work, what phone are you using? That said the iPod should probably work. Just to confirm....how are you connecting the phone to the car? Through the USB port and if so are you using a proper cable? The only time i had an issue with connecting my phone was in the old Elite pre facelift was when i tried to use a cheap 3rd party cable instead of a proper Apple one or one that was MFI certified. Since using a proper cable and then an Amazon Basics one which was MFI certified its worked fine on the old car with a CD500 system then Intellilnk 4.0 on the new GS.

Comment

This is connected via Bluetooth. Trying to play through Spotify but have also tried Apple music too and same.

I have a Huawei but also tried a friend's iPhone and no difference!

Comment

AA and CP works from MY16 as I remember. You need to have HMI 2.5

Comment

Originally posted by jfurlong2000 View Post
                    https://youtu.be/wp-yp1X5bKE

This is connected via Bluetooth. Trying to play through Spotify but have also tried Apple music too and same.

I have a Huawei but also tried a friend's iPhone and no difference!
                    Does it do anything if you press the Bluetooth icon in the middle right of the screen?

Comment

Sorry I don't know what this means, not very knowledgeable on this stuff. Is this the software?

Comment

Nope nothing

Comment

Old video and no sound but phone connected via bt.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Sorry crap video, I'll check everything later. Try setting your phone USB settings differently so unit can access files. File transfer you want.

Comment

I can't find an option on my phone to change to that, but when connecting friends phones it still does not work. The browse button you hit on your video just doesn't appear on my screen, so frustrating

Comment

Working...
                              X