Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi all. My 2015 2.0cdi keeps cutting out???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all. My 2015 2.0cdi keeps cutting out???

Git a problem that's baffling a few. My 2015 2.0 cdi auto elite keeps cutting out totally, dies and wont start or even turn over. Only dash warnings ate ," service soon" was at 52 percent before prob...now says its 100 percent??? And also had the Esc message??? Had in garage and scanned and no codes or faults coming up other then injector circuit power fault or similar isomething?? Had injectors tested and fine . Leave it for a while and starts up, may run for 5mins or all day , but today totally cut out again. Being an auto , needs a recovery every time... now 2nd recovery this week. Any one had any similar probs or now if any. Had a Vauxhall electrical mechanic onit who's never come access this problem. Help needed. Many thanks in advance 🤔🤔👍👍

Have you checked all the Earth points? Sounds like a dodgy earth somewhere

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

Has the battery and alternator been checked?
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Hi all and thanks for replying. Iv had it recover twice now this week to my m8ts garage, so left him to sort it . When left it starts up fine , revs and will drive , but yesterday, cut out twice without moving and 3rd time it drove about 200 meters. I'll ask if hes checked the earths sure he has and the battery is fine. I'll try and post my dash warnings up, but code readers not coming up with faults , si thinking possibly ECU??? Thanks again all 👍👍

Comment

Could be the code reader being used,,not all will read vauxhall codes,,but service vehicle soon means theres definitely a fault somewhere
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Has anyone had to change the ECU unit at Vauxhall?? Most prob a very expensive job. My mechanic has rang the company who sorts his ECU,s , gave them the serial numbers and they wont touch it???? 15 plate 2.o cdi elite diesel, I'm beginning to feel like iv got a £10k pile of scrap??? Or do I take it to a Vauxhall main dealer and get fleeced. Checking the earths tomoz 😤😤

Comment

Don't know a lot about ECU's---but i'm sure that there is a company in the UK who repairs them---its what they do for a living---search ECU repairs and see what comes up--I would think that VX will take your eye's out-----Dave----Its called ecutesting just found it,

Comment

They are good,did my wife's Corsa ABS unit,with life time warranty
                Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Going to contact them in the morning. Just worried why the first company said they wont touch?? But my m8 never asked why not ??? Will keep you posted 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                    Don't know a lot about ECU's---but i'm sure that there is a company in the UK who repairs them---its what they do for a living---search ECU repairs and see what comes up--I would think that VX will take your eye's out-----Dave----Its called ecutesting just found it,
                    I have used ecutesting on merc gearbox couple years ago. I would recommend them. I also had similar problem good fue years ago I turned out to be a relay that powered the fuel pump that sucked fuel from rear (tank) and supplied the fuel injection system. When you car stops does it splutter first or does it just stop?

Comment

Try getting hold of opcom or someone with it.
                      Service vehicle soon means there is a fault and there should be codes to indicate what the problem is. I wouldn't pay out XY and Z until you're 100% sure of what it is.

Comment

Where are you based mate? I’ve got opcom your more than welcome to use it if your not far off

14 Insignia 2.0 VX line 190 Nav

Comment

Just cuts out like you've turned the key off, but dash and everthing stays on...just get the service soon warning then wont start or turn over and all lights on dash and display go off when turning the key🤔

Comment

Originally posted by Bigwebby View Post
                            Just cuts out like you've turned the key off, but dash and everthing stays on...just get the service soon warning then wont start or turn over and all lights on dash and display go off when turning the key��
                            That sounds electrical.

Comment

Leave it a few mins or longer , starts up no problems, may run 5 mins or all day then the same thing happens. No strange noises, smoke , rattles etc possibly ECU???

Comment

Working...
                              X