Oil pickup seal replacment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pickup seal replacment

right guys i have replaced my oil pickup seal and glad i did tbh the old one lets just say was missing chunks :/

but like an idiot i forgot to take out the dipstick when refit the sump so its now stuck im guessing on top of the black plastic tray that goes ontop of the sump
    question is how far does the end of the dipstick stick out the bottom of engine ( how much is stuck ) i dont want to have to take the sump off again tbh took me 11 hours the first time it was a nightmare to say the least and snapped an exhaust bolt so now need to replace that but its on the DPF side of the mount so hoping i can have it drilled out tbh

After just having my oil seal done and seen how much it sticks out then I think that you are going to have to remove the sump again----unless the dipstick can be pulled out--but there's a chance it will break----did you say it took you 11 hours?---I know the lad that done mine and yes he had all the gear took about 2 hours all in so you have had a bit of time there------now that you know how to do it it will be a lot easier the second time round-------Dave

Comment

Hi,
      Try removing dipstick tube only two bolts one in the block behind DPF and one at the top into the head lift up tube slightly but not all the way out and see if it gives you enough clearance to get dipstick out.

Razor.

Comment

Working...
      X