Af40 oil and FILTER change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Af40 oil and FILTER change.

Has any one ever changed the oil filter.
    I know it's a big job but surely if an oil change helps that would mean the filter needs changing too.

Originally posted by MJSROOFING View Post
    Has any one ever changed the oil filter.
    I know it's a big job but surely if an oil change helps that would mean the filter needs changing too.
    I would say so too.
    You change the engine oil AND the filter, so the autobox would be the same.....can't do it any harm eh

Comment

There is no filter in the automatic gearbox.

Comment

Inside the box there is one, so I seen on Google any way. I'm sure I had the correct box.

Comment

We take pride in our fast and friendly service, with over 35 years of trading experience our gearbox experts are ready to help with any enquiries you may have. EXCELLENCE AND PROFESSIONALISM.

Comment

If you talking about insignia 2009-2017 the auto gerarbox its tf80sc

Comment

Ok, didn't realize that, cheers.

Comment

So am I right in thinking this fits.
                Or have I got it all wrong.??

THIS IS NEW AF40 AUTOMATIC GEARBOX FILTER WITCH CAN BE FITTED TO VARIOUS VEHICLES. GEARBOX OILS LTD. PURFLEET INDUSTRIAL PARK. WE ARE HERE TO HELP! OPENING HOURS. UNITED KINGDOM. PURFLEET, RM15 4YD.

Comment

This shows the filter being removed,

Comment

I know your only looking for to buy the part but.............Ooooohhhhhh some really stonking reviews from people who have used this place to have repairs done

Comment

https://youtu.be/WBPLJFtQzkA
                      Ok,you have to remove the gearbox from the car if you want to change filter.
                      I change the oil i my autobox and was told there is no filter.

Comment

https://youtu.be/WBPLJFtQzkA
                        I was waiting for Morph to come on and fit it!
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by 164161513 View Post
                          Ok,you have to remove the gearbox from the car if you want to change filter.
                          I change the oil i my autobox and was told there is no filter.
                          I was lead to believe there was no filter too, but I got thinking, that surely they wouldn't make a gearbox without a filter and found this.
                          Lots of work involved but I guess no more than changing a clutch and could e so worth it. Or not make a difference, who knows.

Comment

I was lead to believe there was no filter too, but I got thinking, that surely they wouldn't make a gearbox without a filter and found this.
                            Lots of work involved but I guess no more than changing a clutch and could e so worth it. Or not make a difference, who knows.
                            the difference is gearbox weight, if you have no access to ramp then forget it, this thing is heavy nearly 100KG (198 lb), trust me you don't want that weight on your chest,there other benefit you would get is you going to be able to drain most of oil out as you will need to remove torque converter anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ade555 View Post
                              the difference is gearbox weight, if you have no access to ramp then forget it, this thing is heavy nearly 100KG (198 lb), trust me you don't want that weight on your chest,there other benefit you would get is you going to be able to drain most of oil out as you will need to remove torque converter anyway.
                              I'm not phased on the removing part, I've changed many an engine and gearboxes without a ramp or engine hoist.
                              A trolley jack is plenty .
                              Yes, full like change plus filter. Surely though, if changing part of the oil is really good, then surely all the oil and it's filter would be 100% better

Comment

Working...
                              X