No announcement yet.

Does this mean my car is doing a regen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this mean my car is doing a regen?

So i think i switched it off before as it was during its regen as the fans were going when i got out..

Now getting back in and messing about i found i can get top consumers on by checking the options in info list... so its holding revs at 1k , and as photoed the heated rear window shows on and and its not on... am i right in thinking it will go off after regen?

Gonna go for a mile or 2 of the ring road seeing as im close to that

Originally posted by Davidl View Post
    So i think i switched it off before as it was during its regen as the fans were going when i got out..

Now getting back in and messing about i found i can get top consumers on by checking the options in info list... so its holding revs at 1k , and as photoed the heated rear window shows on and and its not on... am i right in thinking it will go off after regen?

Gonna go for a mile or 2 of the ring road seeing as im close to that
    Yep....it could be buddy.
    If you haven't switched the window on then it's highly possible.
    Did you notice your mpg go down slightly?

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      Yep....it could be buddy.
      If you haven't switched the window on then it's highly possible.
      Did you notice your mpg go down slightly?
      I just filled up and reset trip so it was on about 20mpg anyway... altho 36 is most ive seen so far round town

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200126_102640.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	244441

That was at the time

Comment

Originally posted by Davidl View Post
        I just filled up and reset trip so it was on about 20mpg anyway... altho 36 is most ive seen so far round town

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3482[/ATTACH]

That was at the time
        I would say the mpg wouldn't decrease by that much when doing s regen.
        Why don't you fit the regrn led?

Comment

If I've understood correctly, you don't actually need to drive, just not to turn the car off. I tried to take mine to the motorway yesterday when I realised it was doing a forced regen, ended up sat in traffic for a while, it completed the regen fine.

There's some confusion on the internet between what you do to make the dpf regen normally - an extended high speed/low gear drive on a fast road - and what you do when it does a forced regen by injecting extra fuel. Or maybe it's just me getting confused 😕

Comment

You maybe dont but when i was sat in the carpark typing the firat post as it was doing it when i pulled off a cloud of light blue smoke followed so thought better to drive it

Comment

Originally posted by BodgeItAndScarper View Post
              If I've understood correctly, you don't actually need to drive, just not to turn the car off. I tried to take mine to the motorway yesterday when I realised it was doing a forced regen, ended up sat in traffic for a while, it completed the regen fine.

There's some confusion on the internet between what you do to make the dpf regen normally - an extended high speed/low gear drive on a fast road - and what you do when it does a forced regen by injecting extra fuel. Or maybe it's just me getting confused ��
              Nope your spot on.
              I've been nearly home a few times and my led comes on....I just leave it ticking over in the drive to finish the regen.

Comment

Originally posted by BodgeItAndScarper View Post

There's some confusion on the internet between what you do to make the dpf regen normally - an extended high speed/low gear drive on a fast road - and what you do when it does a forced regen by injecting extra fuel. Or maybe it's just me getting confused ��
                Forced regen is when its hooked upto diagnostics,so the computer takes over and makes/forces the ecu to do a regen
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I never worry about the car doing a regen and shut it down even when doing it. The only thing I do when I notice it is speed up if possible. I hate wasting fuel, so when it happens I drive a bit faster, if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                    I never worry about the car doing a regen and shut it down even when doing it. The only thing I do when I notice it is speed up if possible. I hate wasting fuel, so when it happens I drive a bit faster, if possible.
                    I’m sure if you switch it off while it’s doing it it fails the regen and dumps loads of diesel into the oil. I may be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                      I’m sure if you switch it off while it’s doing it it fails the regen and dumps loads of diesel into the oil. I may be wrong
                      So far, I didn't have any DPF related issues with car. It has plenty of time to finish it the next time. So I don't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                        And this affects the oil seal and hence it goes brittle and causes it to fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                          So far, I didn't have any DPF related issues with car. It has plenty of time to finish it the next time. So I don't worry about it.
                          Well don’t come crying to us when you oil seal fails

Comment

It has done 350000km, I recon that if my driving is bad for it, it would have failed a long time ago.

Comment

A regen will occur as and when all factors are met , so can happen willy nilly
                              And sitting in the car at idle and letting it finish is as good as letting it regen whitest travelling.
                              Too many failed regens dumps diesel into the sump and so dilutes the oil , raises oil level , so effectively you are lubricating the engine on a nasty mixture of both oil which has now lost its lubricating properties, and diesel .
                              If oil/ diesel level gets high enough it may cause diesel runaway ( YouTube it and watch )
                              Believe me I saw a van in the middle of Croydon doing that nothing the chap could do .
                              As for speeding up when it's doing a regen , to save fuel well it's dumping more fuel,to carry out the regen so the MPG is going down anyway.

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                              X