No announcement yet.

New car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sounds like dealers workshop has just serviced prior your collecting and not done very good job.

Comment

If diesel it maybe just a bunged up dpf, if it turns out thats what it is and they replace it, I'd have it back. They can produce white smoke and smell oily when they regenerate, shouldn't go into limp mode though. As said you would need to know exactly what the cause was.

Comment

Garage came out they parked it down a street and took my mrs home need to ring tomorrow not holding out tho thanks for advice guys hopefully gets sorted
        siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

Courtesy car should be provided.

Comment

Think we getting it tomorrow couldn't get insurance sorted

Comment

So had the garage on fone said it was a blocked dpf and it's fixed now is there anyway I can check this has been done a bit worried it hasn't

Comment

How has it been fixed?

I think you're mad to buy anything from people like that. They clearly didn't check the car before sale. They should be bending over backwards to make you happy, for the sake of their reputation. They aren't, which means they don't care about their reputation, so have no reason not to rip people off.

Comment

Originally posted by Smig64 View Post
                  So had the garage on fone said it was a blocked dpf and it's fixed now is there anyway I can check this has been done a bit worried it hasn't
                  It could have been run around town by previous owner and not ever had chance to do a re-gen, or there could be some fault condition that stops it doing one. Are you likly to use motorways reguler these cars need to blast up and down motorways quite often, If you decide to keep car You need to get the warning light connected and when it comes on don't turn engine off until it goes out.

Comment

they've probs done a forced regen on it to clean it out,,might be a good idea to give it an oil and filter change now
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Think I would insist on having one of mobile DPF cleaning come and do proper job and be there to see it done I think they are around 200/250 quid with dealer standing to cost, It would ensure its as clean as it can be.

Comment

In my honest opinion I would only accept it back if dpf was replaced. Has it just been mot'd? As most likely if dpf was close to the saturation levels to bring EML light on and smoke blowing out the back I'd be reluctant to believe it's only the dpf..
                        Keep proof of this happened when picking car up if you do decide to accept it back. Ask for a live data scan from them and post on here may show some inconsistencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                          In my honest opinion I would only accept it back if dpf was replaced. Has it just been mot'd? As most likely if dpf was close to the saturation levels to bring EML light on and smoke blowing out the back I'd be reluctant to believe it's only the dpf..
                          Keep proof of this happened when picking car up if you do decide to accept it back. Ask for a live data scan from them and post on here may show some inconsistencies.
                          Hi yes MOT was on 20 Jan

Comment

Hi yes MOT was on 20 Jan
                            Normally mot centres allow the car to fully heat up before testing emissions which most likely would have done a regen if saturation levels where that high.

Comment

Working...
                            X