Headlight washers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight washers

So far I've not been able to get the headlight washers to kick in. I've checked the fuse but that appears to be fine is there an option to disable it or something? On the Astra you had to hold the stalk for an extra second or so for it to activate but I've had no joy

Originally posted by JohnL View Post
    So far I've not been able to get the headlight washers to kick in. I've checked the fuse but that appears to be fine is there an option to disable it or something? On the Astra you had to hold the stalk for an extra second or so for it to activate but I've had no joy
    If all is good, you will have to hold it much longer. It's good but I find it wastes a lot of screen wash when it finally does. I had the same when I first got mine, did work though.

Comment

They only work with the headlights on

Comment

You will find yourself trying not to make them work soon, empties washer bottle really quick

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
          You will find yourself trying not to make them work soon, empties washer bottle really quick
          Did you know AFL cars have a bigger washer bottle than cars without,i can get a gallon in,when empty
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            Did you know AFL cars have a bigger washer bottle than standard,i can get a gallon in,when empty
            Still don't last long . Yeah when I top up always get about a full container in.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Did you know AFL cars have a bigger washer bottle than cars without,i can get a gallon in,when empty
              On the limited edition the washer bottle is bigger than normal. Headlights washers with halogen lights ??? Who ever thought that would be a good idea haha

Comment

Originally posted by Lewish View Post
                On the limited edition the washer bottle is bigger than normal. Headlights washers with halogen lights ??? Who ever thought that would be a good idea haha
                yeah,seen a few with the washers on the halogens
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

yeah,seen a few with the washers on the halogens
                  I see one with them every day . Mines are activated together with the normal windscreen washers, no extra long hold needed.

Comment

My AFL will only give a limited number of 'headlight' washes so save the washer bottle level.
                    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I've held the stalk so it sprays the windscreen for over 5 second's still no joy with engine running and lights on. Guess it's time for the multi meter to come out

Comment

Maybe a stupid question, but are you sure your car has the washers? I couldn't see them on the picture of your car... On mines they are clearly visible. But then again, I don't have a VXR bumper.

Comment

It's got the cut outs in the bumper and has AFL's fitted so assumed it would have the washers

Comment

Have you checked the manual? I'm pretty sure mine said something about not washing the headlights every time, but only when they haven't been done for a while.

Comment

Light has to be in AUTO and on (it has to be night, maybe manual ON works also) and wipers in AUTO.
                              ONLY THEN headlight washers work, if you hold spray longer or after number of spreys, determent by some internal logic

Comment

Working...
                              X